klipsch Reference 5.1 System?

R

Roscoe187

Audiophyte
Hi

To start off iv owned a Yamaha V2700 amp for few years now great amp but have never had good quality speakers until now. I recently bought a speaker package Klipsch with tower speakers, bookshelf and subwoofer, spent $3000 AUD. My last set of speakers only cost me like $1000 AUD, front speakers being a cheap wharfedale with tweeter and two 10inch cones and the bookshelf I don't know the brand but they were a none generic brand I bought off of ebay. So I was expecting a huge difference in quality. Finally setup these bad boys enable BI-AMP and had the settings on my amp bass all the way up and treble all the way up and I did notice a difference but to be honest it wasn't a huge difference. I was expecting more from them like really loud ear piercing treble hahaha iv been told klipsch have really good tweeter sound but they seem the same as my old speakers in terms of tweeter noise, Only difference is the bass I can notice and just a bit clearer sound. So just wondering would it be my amp I plan to buy another down the track but would it make a difference, what brands that offer more clearer sound.

Thanks

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It would not be the amp, unless it is defective. Klipsch are known to be very efficient speakers in with not place demands on your amplifier beyond its abilities. if you turn the bass and the treble all of the way up, it is apparent that you are not looking for a speaker with a flat frequency response. you will need to listen to speakers to try and find ones that will match your rather extreme objectives.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, not the amp.

Why would you turn the Treble and Bass all the way up? :eek:

If you want EQ, try the Yamaha room EQ.

If you want to try something else, try a Denon with Audyssey XT32 and turn on Dynamic EQ, which mainly boosts the bass below 200Hz, but also slightly boosts the treble, but done right.

Don't just BLINDLY turn the Treble and Bass ALL THE WAY UP. :D

R

Roscoe187

Audiophyte
All good it was a setting on the AMP that made the EQ really flat now it sounds awesome had to turn down the treble and bass now.

Sorry for late reply

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis