Klipsch R-112SW Subwoofer

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
After contemplating on buying the Klipsch R-112SW, as I already have SVS Ultra 13. The R-112 was displayed at my job for Klipsch show and it covers 25x50 ft. The sub was able to rumble the entire floor. Many People come upstairs from the first floor due to the vibration. From my sitting distance to the display and was still hit by chest pounding bass. Initially due to people's reviews about the Sub, I thought the sound was good because klipsch brought in their own Display promo Blu-ray disc. So I tried playing Music and wasn't impressed much about the Bass. later something occurred to me to try changing the Settings. Initially it was crossed over to 40hz and the Gain dialed all the way to 11.Phase was 0. I changed the crossover to 80hz and land Phase to 180. I left the dial the way it was. Good for me I had a Michael Jackson Dangerous Album which is Flac. Lo & behold everyone around around was blown with wow!!!! My manager and others rushed upstairs to witness wonders. And the Set up was Klipsch RF-260 Fronts, RP-440 Center & R-112sw Subwoofer. The Yamaha receiver Dial was on 35db+ as it goes from 0-99. Jam, Dangerous, In The Closet will make you love this set up. So I decided to give it a try and had a great discount. I purchased two Subs for $609 including tax. My living Room size is 12x16 feet. I have since Moved the Svs to my soon to build Computer Room. I am not comparing this Sub to Svs 13 but the low end and the punch I'm getting is great for me to keep the subs. I have 30 days to return them if I want but without breaking in yet, I will most definitely Keep them. I tried movies at home and music and this will be with me forever. Contemplating on either to sell the Svs or keep it for future. Tried many Music by Allan Taylor "Creole Girl, Saturday Night. Tanita Tikaram " Men & women, Cathedral Song. Toni Rich "Ghost". And many more. It might not be the best out there but one thing made it pass my test. R. Kelly's "It Seems Like You're Ready" has some air it pushes it and makes many Subs I tried failed. But this one was able to handle it. Will give a future update in case I notice anything.
My set Up
LG 55" Curved 3D 4K
Sony Ta-e9000es Processor
Lexicon Mc-12 Processor
Emotiva UPA-500 Amp
Alesis Deq eQualizer for analog
Behringer Deq 240 equalizer for Digital
Klipsch RP-280F fronts
Klipsch Rp-450 Center
Klipsch Rp-160M Surrounds
Klipsch R-112Sw 2 Subs

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you try the phase at 0 with the new crossover setting? The new crossover likely has more to do with it than the phase setting, though sometimes 180 is better. If it gets quieter when it's at 0, then by all means use the 180°setting!

Also, does any of your equipment have room correction software, and did you run it if yes?

*Edit: Those pics look sharp. Nice looking setup.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Thank you Pogre! The lexicon do have room correction but unfortunately, I don't have the microphone to calibrate it. I have been searching Ebay for quite sometime now. I did try 0 and the sound is great as well but due to lack of crossover settings on the Sony-Tae9000es, setting it to 0 helps both Processors to give me the bass I want. I'm using the Sony for movies because the Lexicon has problem with the Center channel and I use the Lex for stereo listening. It has well refine and details than the sony. The Sony has more headroom than and lex. Very loud with a little push on the Volume know unlike the lex where I have to raise the knob higher before. And with the Behringer eq2496, watching movie is the most awesome experience ever!! The toslink input did the magic. Can't wait to wow my friends. Movie Black Diamond is unbelievable!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What did you think of the R-112 compared to the 13 Ultra? By all accounts I would expect that the 13U should pretty handily out perform the Klipsch subs by a large margin.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
What did you think of the R-112 compared to the 13 Ultra? By all accounts I would expect that the 13U should pretty handily out perform the Klipsch subs by a large margin.
That's right the U13 digs deeper than the R-112 and considering the massive size of it which is twice the size of the dual R-112 and also weighs 150lb. But honestly I don't miss it that much. It's the 700watts and bash amp plate. I believe the sledge amp has an edge over the bash amp.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
The 1000 watt 3,600 watt peak Sledge made a difference in my 2007 PB-13 Ultra when pushed hard on special effects on movies. YMMV different rooms and each has it's own issues. I have a very small den so we really FEEL the LFE, it shakes the back rest on our 2 HT chairs.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So it's for your sister? That's pretty thoughtful.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis