Klipsch KLF 30 mods

R

RBrashears

Enthusiast
Currently I have these babies hooked up to a Qsc gx5 amp and I was wondering If there are any amps out there to better match these speakers (more adjustable?)... Also I'm picking up the matching center channel KLF C7 This weekend so keep that in mind with your amp recommendation please, I'll have three speakers I need to power
I'm also interested in modding these speakers, crossovers etc In the future, so if u have some reccomendations please share :D
Thanks

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello-

Fellow Klipschie here.

I think your amps are a fine match for the KLFs, so don't sweat that part at all. [edit: oops, I see that that is a stereo amp...I think there are many options, but I would recommend avoiding the Emotiva amps, as their super high gain is often not the friendliest match with super sensitive speakers.]

You may want to add bracing or other reinforcement to the cabs. Contact Klipsch for brand new, better performing compression drivers, and then Bob Crites (About Us | Critesspeakers.com) as he is the crossover guru for the old Klipsch (although there are other privateers that do the same thing, Bob's probably done more than anyone else).

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis