Klipsch Cornwall Heritage Series

D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
I found some Klipsch Cornwall's locally for a good price. Anyone own these speakers? If so please share your opinion.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
They're fun. They hold their value pretty well, so typically economically painless to dabble in. In my opinion, if they are in proper working order they will smoke anything in the Reference line in every way.

If you google up "MBS Audiolab Cornwall Test" you will find a rather thorough review, with measurements.

edit: Hey, I just noticed you recently bought some Lores and are getting into speaker building. If you like your Lores, you would probably really like Cornwalls. And they're fun to project with, from the network/driver upgrades to the cabs. Cab work in particular, since you're getting into that sort of thing, can pay real dividends. Beat up corns go for a few hundred bucks, but cosmetically nice ones can fetch quite a bit more.

Last edited:
D

dpattillo

Junior Audioholic
They are asking $1100 for the pair. The cabs look good with small nick and a couple water rings. Is this a good price?

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Depends. Are you in a large city or small market? How eager is the seller to deal? Exactly how old are they, which series? All original, and if not, what sort of changes were made? And do they pass the ear test? I would get a handle on those questions to help you decide. It seems a bit rich to me by a few hundred dollars, but they may have Crites networks or other hot-rodding which the seller may expect compensation for.

Also, I'm an incurable cheapskate, so you may want to cruise the Klipsch forum to see what folks are asking/paying these days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis