Kids, Gaming and Hollywood Cries Poor

<P><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>The DVD Insider is back at it again with his take on kid and gadgets, the new gaming formats, and Hollywood's tirade against&nbsp;content protection&nbsp;(amidst a growing mound of evidence that they are actually making more money in the current marketplace.) With sales of "recycled" TV shows doing so well on DVD, broadcasters are dusting off their old series all the way back to "The Beverly Hillbillies" and they are racking up millions (if not billions) in unrealized, raw profit. It's as if all of the series developers have suddenly realized that there is a ready market for those DVDs (some large markets, some small). So they've crept back into their dark, damp vaults to mine their treasures. </FONT></P><P><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>[Read the Editorial]</FONT></P>

Last edited by a moderator:
Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Best reason for re-releasing TV shows on DVD

I would like to point out one positive that has arisen from re-releasing all of these old TV shows to DVD. I don't want to overhype it, but I feel it may be one of the most imporant events to occur in recent history. I am referring of course to the new season of Family Guy. This show is being brought back only because of how well it sold to the public when released on DVD. By the way, does anyone know the date that the new season will start? It has been pushed back twice so far but there are teasers for it everywhere, including on the Simpsons.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I don't understand why they are releasing garbage like the Beverly Hillbillies, the Munsters, and Green Acres when there are so many superior shows from the 60s dying to be released.

I'm waiting for Time Tunnel, Rat Patrol, Wild Wild West, Honey West, and The Man From UNCLE.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
What did that have to do with either kids or gaming?

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I agree. It seemed like the article was a mishmash of many different articles crunched together. There seemed to be little consistency from one paragraph to another.

Doh! Linked to page 2 instead of page 1... You guys were missing the first page. Sorry about that - and thanks for letting me know!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis