Kicking off garage project this weekend which includes a modest 2.1 setup

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Well, I got all my parts for my cabinets cut and ready for fabrication. The setup will include a 2.1 setup built into the cabinets. I will post progress shots as I have them available. For now, this'll have to do.

Attachments

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
By the way. When I said "garage project", these cabinets are for the garage.

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
LOL. first thing I was looking for were drivers. Cabinets as in wall cabinets right?

Yes.....wall cabinets. For the garage. The significance of the cabinets is that they are custom designed to house the A/V equipment, as well as for general storage. I will be using a 48" E-Series Vizio for this location.

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Here is the first shot that I have available. This shows the TV cabinet (which will house a 48" LED), the bookshelf speaker cabinets at each end, and the subwoofer that is on the floor. Obviously I still have to install the doors but this is as far as I got so I figured I'd show a picture. There is still another wall of cabinets to do that have nothing to do with any stereo equipment. I'll post those once they are complete and hung.

Attachments

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Looks good. Have you thought about ventilating that amp/receiver? Looks tight. Maybe drill some small holes in the shelf above? :confused:

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Speakers like nice a snug, maybe a cooling fan for the receiver

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
The shelf that separates the amp area from the TV area has 6 holes routed in it that are each 1 1/2" x 3". 3 of these holes are in the amp area and the other three are in the DVD/DirecTV receiver area (currently empty). The holes serve as both wire ways and ventilation. There are two cooling fans on the very top of the TV cabinet which extract heated air from the entire cabinet.

The cabinets were designed around the speakers for that reason. The speakers have 1/4" rubber bumpers on their bottoms allowing for 1/4" clearance on each side, top, and bottom.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The shelf that separates the amp area from the TV area has 6 holes routed in it that are each 1 1/2" x 3". 3 of these holes are in the amp area and the other three are in the DVD/DirecTV receiver area (currently empty). The holes serve as both wire ways and ventilation. There are two cooling fans on the very top of the TV cabinet which extract heated air from the entire cabinet.

The cabinets were designed around the speakers for that reason. The speakers have 1/4" rubber bumpers on their bottoms allowing for 1/4" clearance on each side, top, and bottom.
Good. Now get back to work. :D

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Well, I was hoping to show you guys some completed pics of the project, but since I can't seem to figure out how to empty the folder to add more, I guess that isn't going to be possible.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Quite a few people here use Photobucket to post their pic's. Upload your photo's to the site and then just copy & paste the link(s) in your post without any restrictions. Hope this helps.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Oh wow this was actually completed well done.

Sent from my iPhone 5

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis