Kenwood A\V Surround Sound Reciever #105vr

D

D-DOGG

Audiophyte
hey there.When I push the power button on this amp,it flashes in the standby mode,then it shuts off !!I have checked the fuse block ,good fuses.The reciever was working ok.what could I to fix the problem.Toss it or....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. Do you have speakers connected to the receiver? If so, it's possible that there is a short being created by the wires (often caused by one or more strands of copper wire bridging between two speaker terminals). That would cause the receiver to go into protection mode, which could be what you are seeing.

D

D-DOGG

Audiophyte
Hi Adam,thks for ur reply!!ok I have disconnected all cables,etc. from the reciever.Still having the same power *off\on clicking mode issue...cheers!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm. You say that the receiver was working okay. When did it stop working? Was it in your system and then just didn't work one day? Did you have it in storage for a while, take it out, and discover this?

My Pioneer VSX-1015 wouldn't turn on one day, just out of the blue. I unplugged it for over a day, and it still wouldn't turn on - until I tried to turn it on using the remote control. Strange, indeed, but it's worked fine ever since. Unplugging something for a while can sometimes help.

Also, look at the manual and see if there is a way to reset the unit.

D

D-DOGG

Audiophyte
Hey Adam,I have tried using the remote,but still having the same issue.Power comes on,then flashes,then goes in standby mode.Amp was in storage for awhile.Hooked it up and it worked ok.Then the amp started tripping out!!I don*t have the manual for this model.I think it could be one of the relay switches thats creating the problem...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis