Kenwood 1060vr surround reciever

Punkguyta

Punkguyta

Audiophyte
Hello, I'm new as you can tell. Not quite so as far as audiophile knowledge goes, but to the forum. I bought this kenwood 1060vr unit at a yard sale a while ago, good deal, $20. Well what did you know, I get it home and hooked up and realize I can't use the surround channels (other than the center channel, it seems to be always on). After looking into it, you need the remote (I never got one when I bought it sadly) to turn on the rear channels (they're off by default apparently) and the subwoofer out (using high level inputs atm). It's a nice unit, 110 watts per channel, traitr amplifier, sounds great. I figure tho, there's always a equivilent pin on the circuit board for each button push on the remote right? Is there a chance of rigging something like switches up or the such? I have some sony 120watt rear speakers I have setup, just need this.. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You could buy a universal remote; download the AVR into it and you should be in business.

Punkguyta

Punkguyta

Audiophyte
Really? But it's like at least $60 for one that would probably have the buttons for that right? Like one of those logitech ones with the screens?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You might already have this, but while I was searching for a way to help, I came across a link to the owner's manual:

ftp://inform.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/1070VR.pdf

I think that the center channel set-up is on the main unit, so you can turn it off if you want. It's probably not worth the money to mod that thing. It's only Pro-Logic, and you can get something with a lot more features for not much more money than the cost of one of those universal remotes. However, you probably have yourself a nice stereo system (especially for $20).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis