KEF X300A HiFi Powered Monitor Speakers Review

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
not sure why you need to understand, but essentially i like bass
I know why you want to add a sub, but, I still don't understand why the effort to integrate one to THIS Kef set.
i think this thread has already proven that options are limited
Correct. There is no easy way to integrate a sub to THIS Kef set.
you appear to be incorrect, if that's not the case, please prove otherwise and detail the "innumerable options" you've just referenced (an integrated amp with a line out will not work....so wrong again)
I'm picking up a miscommunication/misunderstanding. I was referring to options not involving THIS Kef set. An integrated amp with line out will work, but, not for THIS Kef set.

talk is cheap, time to show your "knowledge" partner
I suspect the irony here is lost on you.

based on your input on this thread.......I suspect...............you cannot
To be honest, if you remain fixated on adding a sub to THIS Kef set, I really don't have much to offer. If you are interested in 2.1 options with a different powered speaker, I'll make the effort to enumerate the possibilities.

C

crks-10

Audiophyte
Just bought the KEF X300A & I'm already concerned...

I just got these recently & I started playing all sorts of genres & I noticed that they have some terrible distortion when in full volume. I'm pretty sure they're not suppose to. I dont know if its because their new & I have to "break them in" or because I'm using a cheap AUX cable or if it needs to be hooked up to an amplifier. If anyone could shed some light Id appreciate it.

S

Syracuse

Audiophyte
I will take them because I have a Marantz processor as source and can add a sub via LFE. But in any different sitiation it will be very tricky to add a sub. If you have an older integrated receiver it should be perfectly possible otherwise look elsewhere.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis