monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
BTW, the pedantic bastard thing was me just goofing. That's why I was going to like your post when you said back at ya. :p It's from liar liar and I thought it was funny, I don't actually have any ill feelings toward you... just your aggression. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you guys think the KEF Blade will ever be measured?:D
I doubt it as they wouldn't want to subject them to the likes of JA in case the measurements don't look better than your mini R2D2(201). To me they sound similar to the 802D but up a couple of notches. If they looked like the 200 series and I had the money, they would be the one for me. After that, it would just be the media source to pursue.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I doubt it as they wouldn't want to subject them to the likes of JA in case the measurements don't look better than your mini R2D2(201). To me they sound similar to the 802D but up a couple of notches. If they looked like the 200 series and I had the money, they would be the one for me. After that, it would just be the media source to pursue.
Yeah, kind of hard to beat the 201/2 measurements (per JA's Stereophile: "KEF 201/2 offers an extraordinarily flat anechoic response, basically meeting tight ±1dB limits from the upper bass through the high treble").

But how will Jared (Monkish54) ever buy his dream Blade when he graduates if they will never get measured? :( :D

The TAD CR1 has been measured (+1/-2dB FR) on Stereophile.
The Salon2 has been measured (+1/-2dB FR) on Stereophile.
But the Blade? Oh, no. Poor Jared. :( :D

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Yeah, kind of hard to beat the 201/2 measurements (per JA's Stereophile: "KEF 201/2 offers an extraordinarily flat anechoic response, basically meeting tight ±1dB limits from the upper bass through the high treble").

But how will Jared (Monkish54) ever buy his dream Blade when he graduates if they will never get measured? :( :D

How about Jared listens and decides that way? You know, the way you're supposed to do it. :) Measurements are great for weeding out the crap before making a purchase, but you need to listen before you make that final choice.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
How about Jared listens and decides that way? You know, the way you're supposed to do it. :) Measurements are great for weeding out the crap before making a purchase, but you need to listen before you make that final choice.
Some people seem to forget this axiom.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't talking about you. You're a collector, so you're, apparently, looking for some diversity. Most of us make singular decisions.
Oh, Jared (Monkish54) is also a collector. :D

His goal is to collect Philharmonic (done), Revel, KEF, TAD. :D

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Even collectors should listen before they buy.:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Even collectors should listen before they buy.:)
Really? So you are no longer telling people to buy Salk speakers blindly without listening first? :D

If that's the case, then very good. I agree. Don't buy any speaker, including Salk Soundscape, without listening to them first. :D

L

Lordhumungus

Audioholic
Ummm, no...
You probably have valuable information to contribute, but it seems to be intentionally obfuscated by stating extreme opinions on very nuanced subjects as factual information. It's simply not necessary to try convincing the entire world that their opinion is wrong and that you have all the answers to the questions they never asked. There is much more value in having a spirited debate/conversation where everyone's opinions (because lets be honest, that's the only evidence anyone has submitted here) are treated as valid viewpoints to be considered instead of summarily dismissed. Being quick to speak and slow to listen is rarely a viable path to greater knowledge.

I would personally hesitate to call you a troll, but the following sums up the impression that I get from your posts:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You haven't grown up have you? Always with the snide remarks. :rolleyes: I thought we were past this.

I always tell people to listen before they buy, even concerning Salk. A lot of people don't listen to that advice, though, and that's their choice. I imagine it's because of the ID 30-day trial business model. I have to admit, it does take some of the stress off buying sight unseen (or in this case unheard). They should still listen first, though.
You told 2 guys on AVS that it's okay to buy Soundscape 8 speakers without auditioning first because they will most likely love the sound.

Are you denying that? :eek:

You never tell people that it's probably okay to buy Salk before audition?

Right.

I vote for the SoundScape 8's. I've heard all the speakers you mentioned and there is no contest in my opinion. Not being able to audition first is a bummer, but the Salk's are awesome and I am sure you'll love them.

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Really? So you are no longer telling people to buy Salk speakers blindly without listening first? :D

If that's the case, then very good. I agree. Don't buy any speaker, including Salk Soundscape, without listening to them first. :D
You haven't grown up have you? Always with the snide remarks. :rolleyes: I thought we were past this. And what did I say that set you off this time? I thought we were in agreement on this?

I always tell people to listen before they buy, even concerning Salk. A lot of people don't listen to that advice, though, and that's their choice. I imagine it's because of the ID 30-day trial business model. I have to admit, it does take some of the stress off buying sight unseen (or in this case unheard). They should still listen first, though. That's why many of us open up our homes and let potential buyers hear our setups. It's not the same as hearing the speaker in their own house, but they'll get a good feel for the sound signature. ID is also much different than B&M, as it is much harder to hear them ahead of time. Taking that into account, we were talking about Kef, not and ID speaker, so my comments are totally justified.

Thanks for the link. To add to you very last sentence from it, you also can't achieve that without listening. Fortunately you know Dennis would have taken back the speakers had you hated them. Considering who made them, though, that same "risk" is something a lot of people would have been willing to make. Let's be honest here, Dennis knows his stuff. :)

Measurements won't tell you whether you'll connect with the music while listening to a speaker; not one bit. Just sayin'

You told 2 guys on AVS that it's okay to buy Soundscape 8 speakers without auditioning first because they will most likely love the sound.

Are you denying that? :eek:

You never tell people that it's probably okay to buy Salk before audition?

Right.
Of course its okay - it's their decision. Did I tell them is was a smart idea? No, because it probably isn't. But that is for them to decide. You obviously have issues with me that you still need to resolve. Until then perhaps you shouldn't engage in conversation with me. Work out your issues dude - I did nothing to provoke you.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Do you guys think the KEF Blade will ever be measured?:D
They said they would! :mad:

He'll go down to Audio High and ask Bradley if he can take some gated measurements. :D

Some people seem to forget this axiom.
I didn't forget. I just disagree that it's necessary for my goal. In fact, it's not only unnecessary, it does nothing to help me achieve my goal. :D

Oh, Jared (Monkish54) is also a collector. :D

His goal is to collect Philharmonic (done), Revel, KEF, TAD. :D
I want me some Salon 2s. <3

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That's the smartest thing anyone has said on here in months :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis