P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not sure if our not so popular friend has listened to the LS50 but I have. I can tell you they sounded to me as good as some floor standers I have listened to. I actually compared it to the F32 in the same room and the F32 certainly has better bass but I thought the LS50 actually did better in the mids and highs. The speakers were in a rather big room, about 20X25X10. They were driven to SPL that I consider too loud, I would guess in fact in the neighborhood of 85 dB. As usual I brought my own Telarc CDs that have good enough DR to test for headroom. I would have no hesitation to use those "monitors" in any of my medium size rooms. So while I have some respect for our "friend's" apparent knowledge in certain things, he really should stop insisting on re-stating those non sense, at least until he has a chance to audition the speakers himself.

By the way, just as an example, I prefer the bass of the LS50 over the P362 and I almost bought a pair along with the R900 but they don't have grille.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
By the way, just as an example, I prefer the bass of the LS50 over the P362 and I almost bought a pair along with the R900 but they don't have grille.:D
I wonder if KEF realize they are missing some sales just because the LS50 has no OPTIONS for simple magnetic grilles?

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
I have heard these but it was a brief moment with them because i happened to visit an audio store awhile ago looking for some stands and these were displaying and playing. I didnt pay to much attention on the bass but one thing that stood out was the clean midrange and the amout of sound they throw out. But one thing that did bother me was that i felt that the midrange has some tip up.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I wonder if KEF realize they are missing some sales just because the LS50 has no OPTIONS for simple magnetic grilles?
Actually that would not have been a concern if I had no friends, relatives and the 4 legged types (not mine but do visit now and then).

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have heard these but it was a brief moment with them because i happened to visit an audio store awhile ago looking for some stands and these were displaying and playing. I didnt pay to much attention on the bass but one thing that stood out was the clean midrange and the amout of sound they throw out. But one thing that did bother me was that i felt that the midrange has some tip up.
I can understand that, just wonder if you cannot see them whether you would still feel the same way. Having said that, in a mid size room I would certainly help them out with at least one good sub, just to be fair. My overall point is, yes don't expect top notch bass in any room, but I don't see a problem on the SPL side for people like me who enjoy 2 channel classical music at 75 dB baseline with 20 to 30 dB DR/peaks with negligible distortions.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Truth is all that matters. The rest is just a bunch of sensitive dudes on a forum...
LOL your names is ridikas and you expect me to believe you aren't trolling.
I've read enough of your drivel to know you actually don't know what you are talking about most of the time. I suppose you enjoy a good argument. I hope you are a lawyer you'd probably love going to work everyday.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Actually that would not have been a concern if I had no friends, relatives and the 4 legged types (not mine but do visit now and then).
Exactly. Kids, friends, relatives, in-laws, pets, etc.

You would think a magnetic grille could be simple enough to implement.

Are they trying to sell the LS50 ONLY to pro studios?

And no one (like friends, relatives) ever visits studios?

Same thing with the JBL 6332 and most pro monitors. I just don't get it. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think we should buy speakers whose drivers are bigger then the KEFs but measure poorly just to keep them out of clock radios.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I agree with the kid on this one (Monkish): ridikas needs to be banned. How has this not yet happened?:confused::(

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
I agree with the kid on this one (Monkish): ridikas needs to be banned. How has this not yet happened?:confused::(
I'm not sure...he's like 3X worse than AJ, and AJ at least knows what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

Is that all we agree on? xD

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not sure...he's like 3X worse than AJ, and AJ at least knows what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

You guys keep this up I am quite sure he will ban himself sooner than you think..:D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
You guys keep this up I am quite sure he will ban himself sooner than you think..:D

Did it work yet?????

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General

Careful bringing up AJ! It seems he has a rather large fan-club of haters here.

It feels like just yesterday when you tried to play Daddy Authority and call me out for calling a certain someone a troll, and here you are today doing the same thing, only more extreme. I'm proud that you had the stones to call a spade a spade, just like I did with that certain someone. My my how you've grown since then. Your troll spotting skills have sharpened young padawan. :D With that said, go easy on the actual personal attacks. Calling someone a troll is one thing, but telling someone no one likes them can get you temp banned. We don't want you banned...well, most of us don't. :) There, now I'm playing authority with you. Feels crappy, doesn't it, especially when you know that person is in fact a troll. ;)

P.S. no, that is not all we agree on. We likely agree on a lot. You've really grown these past couple years, and I'm impressed. Keep at it!

Last edited:
monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Careful bringing up AJ! It seems he has a rather large fan-club of haters here.
That was his own fault. I love the guy, but I can see why some don't...

It feels like just yesterday when you tried to play Daddy Authority and call me out for calling a certain someone a troll...
That was a few weeks ago. It practically WAS yesterday. :p

and here you are today doing the same thing, only more extreme.
My patience has worn thin with him. In hindsight, I can see how DS might have broken the camel's back with you. Our situations were a bit different. I'm being an *** and you were trying to disprove an argument. That said, I am being a bigger *** about it then you were with DS, and I shouldn't be. I was playing Daddy Authority about a different issue than simple personal attacks, but I'm being far too aggressive with R, and I want to apologize to him. :)

Feels crappy, doesn't it, especially when you know that person is in fact a troll. ;)
I don't want to ruin your argument, but actually..no. You guys are right. I'm being far too aggressive and rather unneccessary. I'm being very hypocritical and I apologize to all of you. :D

As George would say:

https://www.youtube.com/tv?vq=medium#/watch?v=SdSyx13l5E0&mode=transport

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Ridikas: Some of the things I said were uncalled for and I sincerely and genuinely apologize. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis