KEF R50 Dolby Atmos-enabled Speaker Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
KEF is officially entering the Dolby Atmos scene with the release of their new R50, an Atmos-enabled loudspeaker which features a concentric driver array. Priced at $1,200, the R50 utilizes the same drivers as KEF's R100 bookshelf speaker, namely a 1" aluminum dome tweeter nested inside of a 5.25" aluminum cone midrange unit. Unfortunately, these speakers were unavailable for demo at the 2014 CEDIA demo; however, we hope to get our ears on a KEF Atmos setup before long.

Read the KEF R50 Dolby Atmos-enabled Speaker Preview

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not a bad idea. People (like Steve :D) could easily add-on to their existing shiny R500/R700/R900 speakers.

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not a bad idea. People (like Steve :D) could easily add-on to their existing R700/R900 speakers.
As I see it in top of R700 I would imagine it would go with R500's as well being about same size as R500 itself? (Have R500's myself). Would like to see if it has same color options as R500/R700/R900. If it does I might consider those things some day if Atmos actually comes more common after all.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
As I see it in top of R700 I would imagine it would go with R500's as well being about same size as R500 itself? (Have R500's myself).
Shouldn't present an issue as the R500 is marginally wider and deeper.

Would like to see if it has same color options as R500/R700/R900. If it does I might consider those things some day if Atmos actually comes more common after all.
Currently just gloss black, though that can certainly change down the line if the demand is there.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Shouldn't present an issue as the R500 is marginally wider and deeper.

Currently just gloss black, though that can certainly change down the line if the demand is there.
Sounds good. If this Atmos thing goes well I hope KEF will make those R50 in walnut finish as well so I could grab 4 of them to match my R500's.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis