Kappa drivers from craigslist

F

FNG212

Audioholic
I found a guy selling 2 kappa perfect 12 drivers on craigslist for $175 for both. What do I look for in a used driver to make sure it isnt FUBAR?

thanks.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I found a guy selling 2 kappa perfect 12 drivers on craigslist for $175 for both. What do I look for in a used driver to make sure it isnt FUBAR?

thanks.
Check the surround of the driver. Ask the guy how it was used. Ask why he's selling it.

That's a bit high for 2 Kappa Perfects though. Especially used ones. They are probably in immaculate condition at that price.

F

FNG212

Audioholic
I'm sure I can haggle a bit. He said they have only been in use for about 5-6 months. He has them in a dual box in his car audio setup. What is a more reasonable price? 150? Am I checking for scratches/abuse? Is there a "wrong version" of the Kappa Perfect 12?

EDIT: talked to the guy, its a Kappa Perfect 12.1D. How different is that than the 12 VQ?

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sure I can haggle a bit. He said they have only been in use for about 5-6 months. He has them in a dual box in his car audio setup. What is a more reasonable price? 150? Am I checking for scratches/abuse? Is there a "wrong version" of the Kappa Perfect 12?

EDIT: talked to the guy, its a Kappa Perfect 12.1D. How different is that than the 12 VQ?
Thats a good driver as well with very similar performance to the VQ.. it just doesnt have the variable Q. However, thats too much for those drivers. I'd seriously offer him 100-115

T

thebuckaman

Enthusiast
Check for obvious visible damage to the cone, surround, and push the cone to make sure there is no rubbing of the coil. If you can check the impedance, that would be nice too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis