Kansas court rules:Illegal Aliens arent Illegal

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Heee,heee,heee:D:D Sorry John, I'm not poking fun at you...heeee,heee:D:D

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, that's a whole other issue mikeyj.
"Equal Protection" (14th Amendment) specifically prohibits that type of thing.
14th amendment rights pertain to citizens. It was written at the end of slavery, to ensure blacks receive all rights as US citizens. I don't see how it applies to illegal aliens since they're not citizens.

B

Buckeye_Nut

To fix the illegal alien problem, the US needs to create Illegal Alien forced labor camps. Since 1/3 of the total prison population are illegal aliens, we'll start with them. They can perform valuable hard labor that would otherwise be funded by taxpayer dollars until the term of their prison sentence has ended.

For those entering illegally who have yet to rape, murder, or kill and be sent to prison for other reasons........... their term will be 2 years hard labor. That should effectively eliminate our illegal alien problem.

Why not put illegal aliens to work for us?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
To fix the illegal alien problem, the US needs to create Illegal Alien forced labor camps. Since 1/3 of the total prison population are illegal aliens, we'll start with them. They can perform valuable hard labor that would otherwise be funded by taxpayer dollars until the term of their prison sentence has ended.

For those entering illegally who have yet to rape, murder, or kill and be sent to prison for other reasons........... their term will be 2 years hard labor. That should effectively eliminate our illegal alien problem.

Why not put illegal aliens to work for us?
I am pretty sure what you are proposing is slavery. You have to compensate them in some way otherwise I think there might be ethical issues.

B

Buckeye_Nut

I am pretty sure what you are proposing is slavery. You have to compensate them in some way otherwise I think there might be ethical issues.
Not at all.....

It's not uncommon to put prisoners to work. Instead of them getting fat sitting in jail, why not put them to work digging ditches, or working on various government works projects?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Not at all.....

It's not uncommon to put prisoners to work. Instead of them getting fat sitting in jail, why not put them to work digging ditches, or working on various government works projects?
Oddly enough, I agree with you Buck...to some extent.

Forced labor would never go in the US...nowadays.

But a prison sentence, with a chance to work off 30% or 40%...that would fly. Though not a new idea, if organized properly, could really cut the cost of "prisoner maintenance."

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder, John. Do you argue with yourself when no one is around?

Just checking. ;)
You'd be surprised Tomorrow. :) It's a constant battle. But apparently the battle is with myself. ;)

I'm just surprised that you were able to muster two cohorts so quickly for this perspective. Maybe I ought to consider that, and perform now some introspective thought. :rolleyes: And I am actually quite fond of avas and the caveman!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
You'd be surprised Tomorrow. :) It's a constant battle. But apparently the battle is with myself. ;)

I'm just surprised that you were able to muster two cohorts so quickly for this perspective. Maybe I ought to consider that, and perform now some introspective thought. :rolleyes: And I am actually quite fond of avas and the caveman!
No hard feelings, I am fond of you too. I am also an argumentative type and have been told a very similar thing before :) so I thought it funny and partially true ;).

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
14th amendment rights pertain to citizens. It was written at the end of slavery, to ensure blacks receive all rights as US citizens. I don't see how it applies to illegal aliens since they're not citizens.
That is how it came about, yes. And technically, the US Constitution is riddled with the term "citizens" and "citizenry."

But equal protection and due process now includes everyone in this country (except detainees). Otherwise, we would have a separate set of laws for those illegals...right?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
No hard feelings, I am fond of you too. I am also an argumentative type and have been told a very similar thing before :) so I thought it funny and partially true ;).
You should see me argue with myself, tain't purdy!;):D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
So, if I sneak into a theater and get caught after I am inside, they can't throw me out?:p

B

Buckeye_Nut

That is how it came about, yes. And technically, the US Constitution is riddled with the term "citizens" and "citizenry."

But equal protection and due process now includes everyone in this country (except detainees). Otherwise, we would have a separate set of laws for those illegals...right?
Illegal aliens don't have the same rights as US citizens, nor do they have a say in how our government operates. In fact, the next time a "Pro-Illegal Alien" protest is staged, ICE should be waiting in force with paddy wagons, check ID's, capture any illegals present, and send them directly to the public works labor details:;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
To counter: I would argue if one's position in life is so aggrieved that they need to commit petty crimes in order to receive probation so as to remain in this country, then that is perhaps a perfect candidate for fast track citizenship for humanitarian reasons.
There already is citizenship for humanitarian reasons. It's called refugee status and applies to those threatened or persecuted in their home country. But your comment raises an interesting issue. Most illegal aliens arrive in the U.S. for economic reasons and become criminals afterwards as a result of living with no legal means of support. But legally emigrating to the U.S. is extremely restrictive and usually applied to those entering on a work visa of some type.

The mass of illegal immigration may be a sign that it's time to open up the legal immigration system a bit. After all, legal immigrants can legally,visibly support themselves and become valuable contributing members of society, while those living outside the law are far less likely to do so.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The mass of illegal immigration may be a sign that it's time to open up the legal immigration system a bit. After all, legal immigrants can legally,visibly support themselves and become valuable contributing members of society, while those living outside the law are far less likely to do so.
I agree with the concept. The problem is the US economy. Between the money being hemhorraged daily into the most pointless war of all time, a housing market built on an illusion of endless credit that could collapse instantly if the foreign bank owners decide to call in their debt, and a huge percentage of jobs being outsourced, the economy is in rough shape (despite the politician's rosy-sounding lies.) I will be surprised if this country can continue to support those of us who are already here, even without the added pressure of a large influx of new mouths to feed.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with the concept. The problem is the US economy. Between the money being hemhorraged daily into the most pointless war of all time, a housing market built on an illusion of endless credit that could collapse instantly if the foreign bank owners decide to call in their debt, and a huge percentage of jobs being outsourced, the economy is in rough shape (despite the politician's rosy-sounding lies.) I will be surprised if this country can continue to support those of us who are already here, even without the added pressure of a large influx of new mouths to feed.
The U.S. economy is in good shape, despite the fear mongers out there. The unemployment rate was 4.6% in July 2007. That is generally considered full employment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_employment

The housing crisis is now being recognized for what it is. Poor judgment within a sector of the economy. The sub-prime sector will continue to suffer a shortage of investment capital, but the markets as a whole will recover. Money is simply being redirected from risky asset, future income based investments to solid asset based investment. With the dollar's devaluation, both outsourcing and the trade deficit will fall.

Overall, the economy is strong and resilient. IMO, the biggest concern is public debt. But with so much of the debt owned by foreign governments, no foreign nation government can allow the U.S. dollar to collapse without decimating their own national reserves. Overall though, the national debt is way too high and growing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis