Kaleidescape goes Blu-ray

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
On Tuesday during the DVD-CCA* meeting to discuss managed copy, Kaleidescape announced a new player to be released in 2009, said player will support Blu-ray, DVD, CD and "content from other sources." The news will be officially released to Kaleidescape retailers Wednesday (unless they read it here first;).) Kaleidescape is a high end manufacturer of fault-tolerant music servers, movie players and music players.

http://www.kaleidescape.com/products/

*DVD-Copy Control Association: folks that manage certain protocols (DRM) used by studios.

This is the official Kaleidescape Owner's forum:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

What does this mean? Well a super-high end (read:$$$$$) company like Kaleidescape doesn't make a move like this for the fun of it, you're talking about very expensive equipment, so for a company like this to actually announce the intro of new product based on one of the Hi-Def formats is a pretty serious move.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
LOL, I have never heard of this company before. The must be either very new or very exclusive, or I live in a cave with a stratman.:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
LOL, I have never heard of this company before. The must be either very new or very exclusive, or I live in a cave with a stratman.:D
They've been around and yes very exclusive ($$$$). Everybody made such a big deal about Denon coming out with a BD player, this is a tidal wave by comparison. This is akin to Krell, Mark Levinson, or Mac saying they're introducing a BD player!:D

F

frostbyte

Audioholic
My local brick and mortar store has a room that's just great equipment and retails for $350k and they run this brand for their source. Very very nice stuff. Wish I could spring for their El Cheapo set up that would only run me a measely $20k. Ouch!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis