JVC RX-6018VBK displays DSP MICON NG and no sound

F

fivefortune

Audiophyte
Hello:

Can someone help?

I have the above model JVC receiver. After following manual's directions, I cannot get any sound during digital input setting from my DVD or Playstation 3 using the digital coaxial calbe and optical cable, respectively. DTS sign somtimes flash but still no sound and the message DSP MICON NG is displayed, constant, after a few moments after choosing Surround Sound/Pro-Logic and digital input. The device setting is selected to 1DVD, 2CD since those are the inputs defaulted to the digital inputs. Digital input is selected too. I can get analog sound via analog inputs from play back devices when choosing analog inputs but the rear speakers have no sound again. Could my Digital Sound Processor be defective?

Ray

N

NapaDRB

Junior Audioholic
According to page 28 of your owners manual that display means "The built in microcomputer is not functioning correctly" does not sound like good news.

The manual says to turn off the unit and contact your dealer. I would try unplugging the unit completely, let it set for a few minutes and power it back up and see if that resets it.

F

fivefortune

Audiophyte
Dsp Micon Ng

Thanks for the advice. I tried that but that does not resolved the problem. Looks like the receiver needs to be retired.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis