JVC CD Recorder question

M

mommysquared

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'm still trying to figure out my cd recorder, a JVC XL-R5020BK.When I make an analog recording , from tape or from phonograph , I must set recording levels. The levels go from -68 dH to +12 dH. Even if I set the levels at the highest setting , +12 , when recording from the phonograph , the playback volume is very low. I have to turn the volume up full blast in the car and on my kids' stereos and up very high on my stereo. If I record from tape or the radio or another cd I have to keep the levels at around +6 or +7 to make sure they aren't too loud at playback. Why the problem with the turntable? Is it the turntable itself? Right now the best way I've found is to record the album I want to put on cd first to tape then record the tape onto a cd. Not only is that time consuming but I'm sure I'm losing some sound quality. Would a newer turntable be a solution? Thanks</font>

U

Unregistered

Analog recording on JVC XL-R5020BK

First, you need to hook up your TT to an amplifier, and then hook the amplifier audio output to your cd recorder. Don't hook your TT up directly to your cd recorder.

U

Unregistered

Of course, your receiver/amplifier has to have a PHONO input

T

TJ_Jazz

Audiophyte
Is anyone aware of a A/D USB 1.1 or USB 2 "box" (with phono input) for direct connecting your turn table, without pre-amp, for recording to PC?

- TJ

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis