Jvc Av56wp74 Dvi Problems

SHAWNSMITH

SHAWNSMITH

Audiophyte
Help. I have a JVC AV56WP74 that has a DVI input that I can not Get to work. I had not used the DVI before, but I updated my receiver and sat box and wanted to use it now.( DVI to HDMI)I had to send the JVC if or repair before I could connect it up, and while it was being repaired I used a SONY KP46WT500 tv. The sony worked with no problem. The only thing I noticed that was not the same with both of them was.. On the JVC the DVI output says Digital-in, On the SONY the DVI says Digital-hdtv. I called and spoke to JVC and they tell me that the tv will work the way I am trying to hook it up and provide 1080i. I checked the website and it states under the features DVI with HDCP Digital input. I have not tried powering everything down and changing the cable yet, I will do that to night. Any help would be appericated.:confused:

SHAWNSMITH

SHAWNSMITH

Audiophyte
I tried changing cables and powering the sat box & tv down. No results, how ever I read somewhere , that if the tech who repaired the tv did not cover the light sensor on the dvi board, that it kills the dvi switch and would have to be reset. Has any one every reset something like this before?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis