lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ive been tinkering with audio for 30 years. whats your credentials? whats your system setup? Im callling you out. your a complete idiot.
Over 40 years myself. Love it when the audiophools want to start comparing penises. I have five different systems in my current home and have no intention of listing the gear for you.

G

gzubeck

Audioholic
Over 40 years myself. Love it when the audiophools start comparing penises. I have five different systems in my current home and have no intention of listing the gear for you.
Even using this term confirms your a complete idiot.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Even using this term confirms your a complete idiot.
Yeah, I noticed that so already edited it a bit. You mean "you're" a complete idiot? So far you seem more of an audiophool, just my opinion.

ps apologies to the OP for the diversion....back to your regularly scheduled programming, I'm outta here

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I have the time now to hang out and watch tv and listen to good tunes. I haven't a clue what to buy.
Silver,
First, thank you. This is fun! I don't know how familiar you are with internet forums, but one thing to remember is that you don't know anything about who you're talking to. Who is the real expert and who is the kid in his mother's basement?

Most established forums have a kind of core group of long time members. You can usually identify these people by their number of posts. Pretenders are generally unmasked and ignored after a while, so they drop out. Some of the core are professional experts, some have a lot of experience, and some like me just enjoy the hobby and appreciate learning from the smart people.

Sometimes a forum will get a new member that truly is an expert, just new to that forum. So you can't automatically discount the new guys. Sometimes a forum will get a new member who thinks he knows more than anybody else on that forum. Sometimes a member is nice... sometimes a jerk. A forum is like a jar of jalapenos... what you do today may burn you tomorrow. (I know, chocolates and "you never know what you'll get" is more appropriate, but I've been aching for a chance to use the jalapeno thing.)

All this means a forum can be great fun to watch, as long as you understand what you're watching. And I've enjoyed watching this thread. So, thanks.

Now, I'll return to my original suggestion. Your initial post says you like music and TV. But before recommending how to spend your $, we really need to understand a little better what you want. Can you kinda give us your priority list?

gychang

gychang

Audiophyte
near retirement, beginning to explore AV world, used to be strictly 2 channel stereo but now starting a new hobby...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis