Just ordered Focals,sub suggestion?

J

Jonny Rotten

Junior Audioholic
I just ordered Focal 814v mains and the center channel from accesories4less.They seem like a crazy ridiculous deal!!Is there a sub you would recommend at a discounted price I cant refuse this weekend.They have subs on sale at A4L.I know nothing about subs and could use your help.Powered by Yamaha rx v676

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
emp 1010i $299 seems like a real good deal, and I imagine if its in your budget to buy 2 of them, they would produce a lot of bass together {4 ported 10" drivers} and they are in an attractive enclosure..

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I just ordered Focal 814v mains and the center channel from accesories4less.They seem like a crazy ridiculous deal!!Is there a sub you would recommend at a discounted price I cant refuse this weekend.They have subs on sale at A4L.I know nothing about subs and could use your help.Powered by Yamaha rx v676
What is the room size and max budget?

J

Jonny Rotten

Junior Audioholic
What is the room size and max budget?
Room 20x20,max budget is running low after $1,100 purchase today.maybe $300.I could add to the system later,but I thought I might get a good deal this weekend

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Room 20x20,max budget is running low after $1,100 purchase today.maybe $300.I could add to the system later,but I thought I might get a good deal this weekend
I would hold on to that $300 for now and wait till you can get something more substantial to fill that space. IMO you will be very happy with the 3.0 Focal setup for now sans sub. Since like you said you know little about subs, you won't know what you're missing, likewise if you spend the $300 on a sub IMO you will still not know what your missing, so save the $. The new SVS's look appealing, but I think you may need two:) Save up for the PSA XV15, that will awaken your room, I know :)
POWER SOUND AUDIO — XV15

J

Jonny Rotten

Junior Audioholic
I would hold on to that $300 for now and wait till you can get something more substantial to fill that space. IMO you will be very happy with the 3.0 Focal setup for now sans sub. Since like you said you know little about subs, you won't know what you're missing, likewise if you spend the $300 on a sub IMO you will still not know what your missing, so save the $. The new SVS's look appealing, but I think you may need two:) Save up for the PSA XV15, that will awaken your room, I know :)
POWER SOUND AUDIO — XV15
I thought I might be able to get a $600 or $700 sub this weekend for 1/2 price.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would not buy a cheap boomy boom sub, for the Focals. It may be good
to save another $300 - 400 > however, if you want to help augment the
bass with the Focals for now - then buy one of the EMP subs. > Then sell
the sub later.

The Focals will have some bass >> however, not as much as your Klipsch
KLF-10 speakers.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis