Just inherited Klipsch KG 3.5 and KG .5 speakers....

T

ToniBaloni

Audiophyte
There is also a Polk Audio center channel speaker. I'm a classical musician and love listening as you can imagine. I don't have a great knowledge of how these systems are used, and I would like to maximize the potential of these speakers. Am wondering...

What receiver I should buy, what gauge wire is best for these speakers? I tend to use digital files for listening, but I would like to listen to old vinyl records as well.

Anything else you might know that could help. Thank you in advance!

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
There is also a Polk Audio center channel speaker. I'm a classical musician and love listening as you can imagine. I don't have a great knowledge of how these systems are used, and I would like to maximize the potential of these speakers. Am wondering...

What receiver I should buy, what gauge wire is best for these speakers? I tend to use digital files for listening, but I would like to listen to old vinyl records as well.

Anything else you might know that could help. Thank you in advance!
What will you be powering the speakers with? They will have descent dynamics but may seem harsh with chamber music. Just give them a listen and see what you think. If your room has carpet and other upholstery the harshness might night be as noticeable. The KG series was their foray into tower speakers in the 90s really moving away from their heritage lines. Nice part is your getting them wo cost. Enjoy.

T

ToniBaloni

Audiophyte
What will you be powering the speakers with? They will have descent dynamics but may seem harsh with chamber music. Just give them a listen and see what you think. If your room has carpet and other upholstery the harshness might night be as noticeable. The KG series was their foray into tower speakers in the 90s really moving away from their heritage lines. Nice part is your getting them wo cost. Enjoy.
That was part of my original question I guess. Won't a normal receiver power the speakers, or do I need something additional? I tried using a refurbed Denon AVR-1612 and Im pretty sure I blew something up, because it won't turn on anymore. Do I need something more powerful than the Denon?

The room Im using the speakers in is carpeted and has foam sound panels. Its the same room I teach piano out of, so the Klipsch speakers have to take a back seat to the piano unfortunately.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
You won't need a massive amp section to power those speakers. Running them full range without a subwoofer using any mid level avr/receiver will work. With regards to speaker wire 12 to 16 gauge will work and don't waste money on "expensive" unless your buying them for looks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis