Just finished another build

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hello Friends,i have just finished building another computer similar to my last and have taken some pics. I have also used the same case as my last build as it fits well with a watercooled plan.

Attachments

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
I use a pc as a music server so the build isn't really fancy, but i wanted something dead quiet so I bought a Streacom FC10 case - https://www.quietpc.com/st-fc10-alpha.

With SSD's installed there's no noise at all, and due to the low power consumption of the motherboard and processor (i7 / 35W) I'm able to run the pc from a linear power supply, which minimises RF noise issues.

The only drawback is the lack of pci slots available.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hello Friends,i have just finished building another computer similar to my last and have taken some pics. I have also used the same case as my last build as it fits well with a watercooled plan.
Very neat looking, but I'm curious: with all those fans blowing out, where is there air coming in?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I use a pc as a music server so the build isn't really fancy, but i wanted something dead quiet so I bought a Streacom FC10 case - https://www.quietpc.com/st-fc10-alpha.

With SSD's installed there's no noise at all, and due to the low power consumption of the motherboard and processor (i7 / 35W) I'm able to run the pc from a linear power supply, which minimises RF noise issues.

What linear P/S are you using? Is it off the shelf? And, meant for the PC?

My main tower PC has been a member of my HT rig for 10+ years, I am way ahead of the curve on that.

I tend to agree with you on the aesthetics too. I like simple and understated designs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very sweet looking. Looks fun. What is the name of that HTPC case?

I've built a total of 14 PCs so far, but nothing that nice looking. :D

In my house, we don't even use BD/DVD/CD players. 99% of media players in my house are PCs.

My 2 daughters will grow up forgetting what BD/DVD/CD players are. Don't even mention Vinyl. :D

Last edited:
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Audioholic
What linear P/S are you using? Is it off the shelf? And, meant for the PC?
No, I built it myself and it's housed in a reasonably compact aluminium case.

It uses a low noise linear regulator IC with a series pass transistor to supply the transient currents. I initially had problems because the speed of the pass transistor wasn't fast enough to track the current transients from the processor, but I solved the problem by reducing the base-emitter bias resistor to 1.5 ohms which makes the linear regulator do a bit more work but also speeds up the pass transistor, - which is a 20A, 30MHz audio power transistor.

Vin -Vout is about 4 VDC, so the power supply dissipates about 8W of heat.

The measured ripple on the output under load is less than 10mV p-p.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Now I'm asking about parts lists
My parts list are:
Rampage4 black edition MB
GTX 980ti strix video card
Intel 3690x CPU
16 gig corsair dominator ram
Corsair ax1200 power supply
In-win 909 case
Primo chill hard tubing
Mayhems red pastel coolant
HEATKILLER 4 pro CPU cooler
Primochill reservoir
D5 pump
Ek strix980ti waterblock
Bitspower workstation for my fans
Aerocool fans red and black
Primo chill fittings
Corsair 360 gig ssd for operating system
Seagate 480 gig ssd for games
Intel 250 gig ssd for iTunes and music files
Win 10 pro
360 mm radiator

Last edited:
Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic

Very nice:)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Very sweet looking. Looks fun. What is the name of that HTPC case?

I've built a total of 14 PCs so far, but nothing that nice looking. :D

In my house, we don't even use BD/DVD/CD players. 99% of media players in my house are PCs.

My 2 daughters will grow up forgetting what BD/DVD/CD players are. Don't even mention Vinyl. :D
Yea that's the road I am going down also but to a degree.My PC goes straight to my Avp via hdmi to a source which I renamed "Computer"and am using my Avp to do the decoding.I have a sound card but don't need it while it's in the theatre room.I just stream from the computer via iTunes.I do notice though that my cds playing via my dvda1ud sound better though.:)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Sorry guys for being so late with my replies as I have been busy playing music overseas on a tour and have had very little time.:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis