Just backed a new product in Kickstarter.... any comments?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I stopped reading when they mentioned 5.1 surround sound quality.

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Sorry, I am a newbie to this, i.e. headphones, etc. Can you please give me a brief idea regarding headphones and 5.1 - why bad / not worth it?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Sorry, I am a newbie to this, i.e. headphones, etc. Can you please give me a brief idea regarding headphones and 5.1 - why bad / not worth it?
In reality you would need 5 elements in both sides of headphones to do that, and even then the effect wont be the same as 5.1 speaker setup. Companies are just using that as marketing trick. Good pair of "regular" stereo headphones have good positional sound quality and will offer the same effect as those "5.1" marketed headphones.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
In reality you would need 5 elements in both sides of headphones to do that, and even then the effect wont be the same as 5.1 speaker setup. Companies are just using that as marketing trick. Good pair of "regular" stereo headphones have good positional sound quality and will offer the same effect as those "5.1" marketed headphones.
Yeah, that's why I prefer the 7.2.4 headphones :rolleyes::D

B

bmninada

Audioholic
Thank you for the explanation. I have very limited funds and like to hear good music. With that context I initially owned Shure E2c which broke after 3 years, then bought MEElectronics A161P which broke after 3 months and currently have Shure SRH145m+. SRH145 is big but more sturdy. However in sound quality I still feel E2c was better. With this background I backed this project with the assumption the product might be better.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Thank you for the explanation. I have very limited funds and like to hear good music. With that context I initially owned Shure E2c which broke after 3 years, then bought MEElectronics A161P which broke after 3 months and currently have Shure SRH145m+. SRH145 is big but more sturdy. However in sound quality I still feel E2c was better. With this background I backed this project with the assumption the product might be better.
How do you use your headphones if you manage to break them? There are many great headphones around for different prices. What is your budget and do you prefer iem or over ear?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
In reality you would need 5 elements in both sides of headphones to do that, and even then the effect wont be the same as 5.1 speaker setup.............
They would also need some sort of control box with 6 inputs and at least a 7 conductor cable.

B

bmninada

Audioholic
How do you use your headphones if you manage to break them? There are many great headphones around for different prices. What is your budget and do you prefer iem or over ear?
The ME one was bad from start. The Shure one - as I wrote held up for 3 years. I just grab them on way to work using public transport coupled with NY subway, 1.5 hrs. I needed something with microphone. In terms of listening music - my choice is varied but gravitate towards 80's/90s rock in the morning ; soothing blues type of music when returning home. Noise suppression is critical along with clarity. I don't like heavy bass as always felt its synthetic.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

The ME one was bad from start. The Shure one - as I wrote held up for 3 years. I just grab them on way to work using public transport coupled with NY subway, 1.5 hrs. I needed something with microphone. In terms of listening music - my choice is varied but gravitate towards 80's/90s rock in the morning ; soothing blues type of music when returning home. Noise suppression is critical along with clarity. I don't like heavy bass as always felt its synthetic.
I would take a look on these: https://www.amazon.com/SoundMAGIC-Isolating-Headphones-Microphone-Smartphones/dp/B01H3F0SDI/ really good value for price, I have had mine (the older version) for couple years and have really enjoyed them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis