Jurassic Park - 3D Version

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's back! Imagine yourself an eccentric billionaire indulging your fantasy...what could be better than your own tropical island full of reconstituted dinosaurs, and then imagine turning it into a theme park. Who could resist? Probably not me. I'd do it in a minute, even though, in a sober moment, I would realize that it's probably not really a very good idea. Anyway, if you recall this mega-hit, product spinoff flick from way back when, that still makes money from its 1993 release, it's back and it's 3D this time. This is a movie with a moral, like "whatever you're thinking, whatever is a challenge to you, just to NOT, repeat NOT, make any fu**in dinosaurs. They will EAT you." I saw it back then and have never tried to make dinosaurs.

Nevertheless, I could not resist the nostalgia...Spielberg in his element, a populist fantasy, and IN 3D!. Generally I'm not too big on 3D reboots, but this one really worked. Given that it is a digital animation spectacle, having the dinos snap OUT at you, spew their gross, cold blooded breath in your direction takes an FX spectacular and makes it even better. Not being the least bit worried about artistic integrity, I don't know, or especially care if or whether they re-did some scenes, because 3D dinos are just great. Put your artistic pretensions on the shelf for two hours and enjoy the best of all possible theme parks, with running and screaming, roaring T Rex, gentle herbivores, lots of disposable characters (i.e., dino-food) and narrow escapes. And...yes, that lawyer still does get eaten while sitting on the crapper. I never quite understood why he dropped his pants if he was just trying to hide from TR, but, who cares, it does play to one of my worst fantasies, like being eaten while in the outhouse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis