Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes (1990) CD Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
To fans of the Crusaders (or Jazz Crusaders) back in the 1970’s and 1980’s, Joe Sample needs no introduction. His writing and keyboard work was the heart and soul of the group; without Joe Sample, there would have been no Crusaders. So, it should come as no surprise that Joe Sample has enjoyed the most successful solo career of all the original band members. While he has had several good releases following Ashes to Ashes, I personally view this CD as his last “great†release, on par with some of his hugely successful late 1970’s solo releases (like Rainbow Seeker). This is one of those CD’s on my “sit back and relax†list, and that’s a pretty short list for me.

Discuss "Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes (1990) CD Review" here. Read the article.

F

FlyhiG

Audiophyte
Smooth Sample

:cool:Thanks for the review and highlighting what I to find to be one of my all time best CD's. The seventh cut "I'lll Love You" is my favorite. I use this disc as my reference in auditioning new speakers. A wonderful experience in music.

To fans of the Crusaders (or Jazz Crusaders) back in the 1970’s and 1980’s, Joe Sample needs no introduction. His writing and keyboard work was the heart and soul of the group; without Joe Sample, there would have been no Crusaders. So, it should come as no surprise that Joe Sample has enjoyed the most successful solo career of all the original band members. While he has had several good releases following Ashes to Ashes, I personally view this CD as his last “great†release, on par with some of his hugely successful late 1970’s solo releases (like Rainbow Seeker). This is one of those CD’s on my “sit back and relax†list, and that’s a pretty short list for me.

Discuss "Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes (1990) CD Review" here. Read the article.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
Good to know that you use it as an "audition CD" for new equipment. While it's neck-and-neck in musical quality with Rainbow Seeker, Ashes To Ashes might have an edge in sound quality on that 70's release.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis