Jensen Transformer ??

R

RLMe36

Audioholic Intern
Fellow holics'

I am hoping you can help me, i have read the ground loop article and have already bought the jensen coax cable isolator and it worked great. Until today when I had an HD cable box put in, the noise is back with a vengance.

My question for you is if I put the isolator inline before the cable box will it again remove the noise? Or since I am using component inputs will they also need to have the same type of isolator put on them as well?

Current setup has a coax cable to Ant 1 and component cables to another input out of the HD cable box along with audio.

thank you,

rob

Rob, since you have the Jensen transformer - have you attached it to where the CableTV comes out of the wall into the room and did that not fix your latest problem?

R

RLMe36

Audioholic Intern
Clint DeBoer said:
Rob, since you have the Jensen transformer - have you attached it to where the CableTV comes out of the wall into the room and did that not fix your latest problem?

I did that last night when I was able to get behind the ent center and thankfully it worked.

I don't really understand, why in the previous setup when I used it after the VCR that it worked and now I am using it before the cable box (not in the system last time) and VCR and it works now. Not complaining mind you, just curious.

I still haven't hooked up the VCR to the new tv since I don't have a long enough cable and hope when I do it doesn't reintroduce the ground loop.

thanks for a great article which I reread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis