L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
My JBL E250P clips when I have the level cranked around on the subwoofer to get the amount of bass I like from my metal concert DVDs, it's 250 watts, do I need to get a more powerful sub or maybe when I get bigger main speakers it will solve the problem because the Bose 301s I am using now can't do much bass? Maybe I am relying on the sub do do the work of the main speakers?

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
maybe if I crank the level back on the sub and turn the preout level up from receiver that would stop the clipping and still give me lots of bass?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Not really sure. But I can tell you that need to get some better mains! Poke around a little in the steam vent and you'll see that Bose isn't exactly favored around here. But that aside, you might be trying to demand too much from your sub. Your second suggestion sounds like a good idea, so give it a try. Also, if you really like listening to music LOUD, then I think you should start looking for new mains. Those lil 301s aren't going to satisfy your craving for full sound.

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Clipping normally occurs when you are attempting to power speakers that are rated at 4 ohms or lower with an 8 ohm receiver. Everything sounds good until you crank them up, right? Then the receiver just shuts down.

You can get good 8 ohm mains,. It sounds like you should check the specs before you make any purchase.

Mark

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis