JBL 3 Series Powered Studio Monitor Overview

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Winter is coming....err sales
LOL. I wasn't going to buy the JBL 590/530/520 set I got either, was gonna build my own then with the pricing on sale/used figured why bother? Especially as my workshop in the winter is just cold, then it went right to summer this year and too warm :)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
LOL. I wasn't going to buy the JBL 590/530/520 set I got either, was gonna build my own then with the pricing on sale/used figured why bother? Especially as my workshop in the winter is just cold, then it went right to summer this year and too warm :)
I added a pair of 220V outlets for The Hot One. Just be mindful of where your dust blows - that includes tools!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I just found out that Fry's stocks the JBL LSR305 and LSR308 monitors. I am not sure if they have been doing that for long, but thta is news to me. Fry's also stocks JBL's EON live sound speakers. Those might be a great choice for people who want powerful speakers behind an acoustically transparent screen but don't want to spend a fortune. This is all good news to people who want great sound but don't necessarily care about the aesthetics of their speakers.
Fry's has pretty good sales on random items every week too. May be able to score a nice price on these with patience.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've been threatening to take a trip to Fry's for a while now. Just to look at some electronics, compare prices and maybe hear some cool stuff. I've never been to one. Is it worth a trip across town?
YES!

Worth a trip to the next town, if you have never been.

Fry's is basically like a combo of Best Buy, and the old-school Radio Shack!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Even when I was near the original Fry's (in Sunnyvale) I never felt it was much worth it unless you needed some computer/electronic components for a diy project....their audio video stuff was poorly presented and guarded by predator type salespeople on commission. Didn't like Fry's supermarkets (only related by family) before them either. IMO/YMMV.

ps Even old Radio Shack stores were pretty bad...I remember when they (Tandy) sold leather goods then went to electronic components (another one whose retail offerings weren't much either).

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I've been threatening to take a trip to Fry's for a while now. Just to look at some electronics, compare prices and maybe hear some cool stuff. I've never been to one. Is it worth a trip across town?
I guess I'm a Fry's Geek. I travel on business from time to time, and have tried to visit Fry's anytime I'm near one. I've been to the one in Seattle (3X), San Diego (4X), Phoenix (2X), and Las Vegas (too many times to count).

I originally looked to them for Computer parts & components (when the Canadian Loonie (dollar) was about the same as a sawbuck - USA) but gradually expanded around the store. I used to but a lot of Blu Ray Concerts there, but they seem to be phasing them out these days. The last visit in April to Phoenix was a real disappointment.

The Las Vegas store seems to have the most selection, but I haven't been to Seattle or San Diego in ages.

As far as Audio goes, it's hard to pack it on an aircraft so I haven't bothered. But sometimes they have amazing in store only deals on Denon receivers. Especially when you've got a Fry's Promo Code. Although I've not compared them to Accessories4Less.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis