Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Okay,

So, I'm hoping someone might have a solution to my momentary lapse in coordination :confused: . . . Grrrr . . .

I travel quite a bit & wanted a portable bluetooth single unit speaker that I could carry w/ me in my carry on luggage . . . after trying a number of them I settled on the JawBone Big Box & purchased it's fitted/padded carrying case (which I thought would provide some protection when traveling; not).

In any case, I had the BigBox in it's padded case & was holding it 'literally' about 6" off the ground when it slipped from my grip (at the risk of TMI; I've got a neuromuscular condition that frequently challenges my ability to grip things . . . in the words of "Homer J. Simpson: Douuuuu!!!!") & it hit the floor . . . well, this hasn't affected the sound quality . . . but it did 'bugger-up' one of the corners & when I attempted to contact JawBone for a replacement cover (at my cost) . . . they simply responded w/ 'WE DON'T SELL PARTS AND BECAUSE YOU BROKE IT; YOU DON'T QUALIFY UNDER WARRANTY.' . . . (((Side Note: JawBone offers a 'build-your-own BigBox' . . . but cannot sell individual components; doens't seem to make sense to me))).

I won't get started on the customer service issues here as; but my bottom line is . . . does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this repaired or replaced? Like I said, it doesn't affect the SQ; but it looks bad & I'd like it repaired.

p.s., I've attached a couple pics of the damage as well as their padded case that 'I thought' would provide some protection in my momentary lapses of coordination . . .Grrrr!!!!

Regards,

Shek

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis