Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Thought I would start a new thread. Just got everything hooked up in our living room and already going to change.
L/R James 63SDX
C James 63SDX
Back L/R James 82SDX
Sub EMB1000
And these things are awesome...
Theater in basement won't be ready for about a year so thinking of putting my James Baby Grand Concerto's in the Front L/R...

Is anybody else using these and what is your setup. (James loudspeakers that is)

I think these speakers are awesome...
I also have a James power pipe with the M1000 and this thing is crazy awesome too...

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
What do you think of the EMB 1000 sub? It's a very interesting design.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
What do you think of the EMB 1000 sub? It's a very interesting design.
I listen to a lot of music and the EMB 1000 is Rich, great tone and the clarity is awesome. You hear every bass run, again amazing...

Movies: Deep and a powerful sub. It's the complete package...

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
I listen to a lot of music and the EMB 1000 is Rich, great tone and the clarity is awesome. You hear every bass run, again amazing...

Movies: Deep and a powerful sub. It's the complete package...
Turned music on this morning and I had forgot to comment on the bass drum with this sub. What was I thinking... Again its deep and incredible.

James has taken our listening and movies to the next level... When you get all positive comments from the wife you know your going in the right direction.

She has made comments about the clarity of the music and when watching a movie she can't believe the differents in what she can hear with the surround...

Examples are from birds in the back ground and glass breaking Etc...

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Sounds like you made the right choice. I'm glad to hear it's all worked out so well.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
back in the days of my employment at a home theater install place we used james loudspeakers pretty often. I had never heard of them before then. They are nice speakers, for in-wall setups they are pretty impressive although certainly on the pricey side. In our showroom we were building a 10.4 system with the grand concerto's up front and 4 of those EMB 1200's I think they were. It sounded pretty good. I did think those subs were very nice, however we had installed a few of those power pipe's and I hated those things. But i guess for someone who wants everything completely hidden you're going to have to compromise.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
back in the days of my employment at a home theater install place we used james loudspeakers pretty often. I had never heard of them before then. They are nice speakers, for in-wall setups they are pretty impressive although certainly on the pricey side. In our showroom we were building a 10.4 system with the grand concerto's up front and 4 of those EMB 1200's I think they were. It sounded pretty good. I did think those subs were very nice, however we had installed a few of those power pipe's and I hated those things. But i guess for someone who wants everything completely hidden you're going to have to compromise.
Interesting I find Tuned with the James M1000 Sub Amp my power pipe sounds awesome. No compromise for me.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Well started savings so I can get the James outdoor sub it will definitely take awhile.

Does anyone have the outdoor sub?

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Well had a little get together last weekend and the James loudspeakers definitely rocked the the house. The clarity is awesome.
Can't wait to get theater done with my other set.

Products from James Loudspeaker

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
It's a shame they're such a difficult company to work with; for the better part of a year I tried working with their representative to get an EMB1200 for review, but it was impossible to deal with this person because of the total apathy. From what I understand they make some very nice stuff, but it simply wasn't worth the effort any longer. I now know why they don't have many reviews published. Were you able to hear that system in person? Curious to see what your take was.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
No, but would have loved to here them in person. I think the guys in the video told the story. Thought it was awesome.

I also find them very helpful and that is everyone I've talked with.

We just bought a SPL39LCR for our sitting room and that would be nothing like the Maverick series but we are happy.
http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/productdet.cfm?page=itemdetail&id=269

Will Pair SPL39 with EMB10 series II with a M1000 Amp in sitting room. I guess I can say it should be loud for our sitting room.
http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/productdet.cfm?page=itemdetail&id=236

Last edited:
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I also find them very helpful and that is everyone I've talked with.
Can you PM me the name of the person who was helpful? I'd like to reach out to this individual and see if they're a bit more amenable than who I was trying to deal with.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Maybe you could fly to Napa Valley and listen to multiple speakers and Subs and then do reviews.
I think if you scheduled this and went to do reviews they would welcome you. IMO

Last edited:
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Maybe you could fly to Napa Valley and listen to multiple speakers and Subs and then do reviews.
I think if you scheduled this and went to do reviews they would welcome you. IMO
Yea, there's a thought; fly all the way across the country to do a review, as opposed to them shipping something via UPS or FedEx. The latter is the accepted norm.

Last edited:
Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
You could do multiple reviews. Not just one. Plus see the operations. I would say that would be a win for both when you report back.

Yea, there's a thought; fly all the way across the country to do a review, as opposed to them shipping something via UPS or FedEx. The latter is the accepted norm.
Isn't that what the two gentleman did from Audioholics or are they from Denver.

Last edited by a moderator:
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
You could do multiple reviews. Not just one. Plus see the operations. I would say that would be a win for both when you report back.
That would cost them a significant amount of money though, literally thousands of dollars for the airfare, hotel, rental car, expenses, etc. Plus, they would have to provide a setup that emulates a HT, and testing gear as well. It just doesn't strike me as feasible. In the past 3 years or so I've published about 2 dozen reviews, and I've never even heard of a company that does something like that. It's always much easier and less expensive for them to simply ship the product.

Isn't that what the two gentleman did from Audioholics or are they from Denver.
Which review was that for? Was it something in-wall perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Probably referring to the CEDIA coverage, though that's obviously not a typical occurrence for standard reviews.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
That would cost them a significant amount of money though, literally thousands of dollars for the airfare, hotel, rental car, expenses, etc. Plus, they would have to provide a setup that emulates a HT, and testing gear as well. It just doesn't strike me as feasible. In the past 3 years or so I've published about 2 dozen reviews, and I've never even heard of a company that does something like that. It's always much easier and less expensive for them to simply ship the product.

See video.

It would not cost James anything you would be responsible for expenses. I'm thinking they test items all the time that's why you would have to schedule with them. I plan on making a trip someday to visit and I would call and set it up. I wish I would have made it to Cedia. I have talked with some people that made and they did say the James Maverick series with the Triple 21 was incredible.

I hope it all works out for you stay positive and it will. My EMB1000, EMB1200, EMB10 Series II, Powerpipe 1000PT and 210SDX are all awesome. IMO...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis