j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, doesn't show up for me either, so I included the link.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Saw this yesterday. Have to be honest, it missed the mark. It was decent, but not as good as hoped. Seems like WB got too involved and maybe made it too commercial. Maybe those who haven't seen the original will like it, but I felt the TV version was better.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Seen it today myself. Thought it was pretty good for the most part. Not sure whom was more creepy the Pennywise the clown OR Beverly's dad. Some of the insinuation between the two was a little too uncomfortable for me. Sure was rather long. At least, it seemed that way to me. There is definitely going to be a second! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the performances were good, especially "the new kid" and Beverly. Skarsgard was was good as Pennywise, though I still prefer Tim Curry. In general, it felt like they just turned it in to a standard horror movie, rather than something personal for each of the Losers Club like in the original. They kept the concepts, but not the feeling that made the original what it was.

I mentioned earlier there would be two parts, but it sounded like they'd come out close together and I don't think that will be the case.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I thought the performances were good, especially "the new kid" and Beverly. Skarsgard was was good as Pennywise, though I still prefer Tim Curry. In general, it felt like they just turned it in to a standard horror movie, rather than something personal for each of the Losers Club like in the original. They kept the concepts, but not the feeling that made the original what it was.

I mentioned earlier there would be two parts, but it sounded like they'd come out close together and I don't think that will be the case.
I seen a mention of the second not coming until 2019! But, can't remember where I seen it. Perhaps, while I was on youtube. Sure hope it is sooner than that. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seen it today myself. Thought it was pretty good for the most part. Not sure whom was more creepy the Pennywise the clown OR that Beverly's dad. Some of the insinuation between the two was a little too uncomfortable for me. Sure was rather long. At least, it seemed that way to me. There is definitely going to be a second! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
In the book it's more than insinuated. He's a bad man.

I haven't seen this one yet, but the series was a letdown for me. I read this book 3 times when I was in my teens (nothing better to do than read most times) and was very familiar with the story at one time. I just don't know how you can capture the magic that's in the book and pit it on film.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
In the book it's more than insinuated. He's a bad man.

I haven't seen this one yet, but the series was a letdown for me. I read this book 3 times when I was in my teens (nothing better to do than read most times) and was very familiar with the story at one time. I just don't know how you can capture the magic that's in the book and pit it on film.
I was not aware of that. But, it certainly was a bit too creepy for me between Beverly and her dad. Never been much of a reader myself. Do that much more now than when I was a kid. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was not aware of that. But, it certainly was a bit too creepy for me between Beverly and her dad. Never been much of a reader myself. Do that much more now than when I was a kid. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Preying on each of their fears was decent - some more effective than others; all influenced by IT to break them down. Beverly's dad, the bully, the slaughterhouse, Georgie were all good. I think they dumbed it down a bit though. It was missing a little "something" and that made it feel like a modern movie, not a great story.

Movies will always have a hard time capturing the feel of a book because your imagination is normally much more effective than what you'll typically see on screen. Same with the "magic", it will never be quite as good as your mind. That's probably what happened here for me - I was entertained, but I wasn't scared.

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Preying on each of their fears was decent - some more effective than others; all influenced by IT to break them down. Beverly's dad, the bully, the slaughterhouse, leper, Georgie were all good. I think they dumbed it down a bit though. It was missing a little "something" and that made it feel like a modern movie, not a great story.

Movies will always have a hard time capturing the feel of a book because your imagination is normally much more effective than what you'll typically see on screen. Same with the "magic", it will never be quite as good as your mind. That's probably what happened here for me - I was entertained, but I wasn't scared.
Very well spoken John. I also found it entertaining. Parts of it was a bit scary at times albeit creepy moments here and there. Looking forward to Part 2! Even if I have to wait until 2019. Would be nice if it was much sooner. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sucks waiting for a part 2, but at least they didn't try to cram the whole book into 1 movie. I don't know how they're gonna pull it of with 2 movies even.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one was 2hrs and felt long. So pt 2 will probably also be 2hrs at least. Original was 3hrs.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
A couple of records were set with this movie. Good, theaters will not die soon. ;) :D

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I must say that this was worst movie I have seen for a while. I have not read the book but I have seen the original and I have liked it, in fact watched it again just 2 days before this crap. Most likely not even bothering with the part 2. I had some good hopes when I saw the trailer but was really disappointed on the movie itself.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw this movie. I would say it's entertaining enough as a movie.

They tried really hard to scare the audience with ugly scary images, dark basement scenes, characters being alone, usual scare tactics, etc.

A great TV network could take this novel and make it into an awesome season-long TV series.

But for a 2hr movie, I think it's entertaining enough.

In terms of box office, "It" needs another $1.6 million worldwide to beat "The Sixth Sense" as the highest grossing horror movie.

"It": $671,253,226
"Sixth Sense": $672,806,292

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
"It" is now officially the highest grossing horror movie of all times (world box office).

"It": $677,586,434
"Sixth Sense": $672,806,292

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis