is two subwoofers the only answer

P

pablo1gr

Enthusiast
Hi guys, i just got a new subwoofer a hsu vtf2 mk4, i had before ia dayton 100 and pioneer sw 8mk2 that came with my pioneer 5.1 system. The problem now with my single sub is that i seat rigth in the middle of the wid of the room, now im in big dip. im loosing about 10 to 15 dbs that if i just move two feet to the rigth or left, try diferent locations for the sub but its all aboute the same. Now i could just move rigth? But then what happens to my speakers symetry or my tv viwing angle. Is adding a second sub the only answer? My room dimetions are 18'4 L x 14'9 W x 8'10 H any sugestion on what to do?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Where is the subwoofer in relation to your seating arrangement? What are the dimensions of the room and does that room open up into other rooms?

P

pablo1gr

Enthusiast
I did the crawl but I heard one in a you tube interview with anthony grimmani that since the subwoofer is in the same position as the dip it doest make a much of a diference, and maiby thats why i get the se result when I move it around the dimentions of the rooms are 18 ft long by 14 t wide by 8 ft high and is a dedicated room, now I just got off the phone with a hsu tect and he suggested to move the tv along the 18 ft wall and to seat across up agains the walland placing the sub in my left corner next to the sofa, in other woords shifting my verticaly my HT, now if i do that what probles could i get from the sourand speakers? Could tjere be another solution?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I did the crawl but I heard one in a you tube interview with anthony grimmani that since the subwoofer is in the same position as the dip it doest make a much of a diference, and maiby thats why i get the se result when I move it around the dimentions of the rooms are 18 ft long by 14 t wide by 8 ft high and is a dedicated room, now I just got off the phone with a hsu tect and he suggested to move the tv along the 18 ft wall and to seat across up agains the walland placing the sub in my left corner next to the sofa, in other woords shifting my verticaly my HT, now if i do that what probles could i get from the sourand speakers? Could tjere be another solution?
I would take their advice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis