Is this the latest SONY OLED

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I am ready to upgrade from 65 Sony A90J OLED to this Sony OLED or keep the A90J ?..

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I am ready to upgrade from 65 Sony A90J OLED to this Sony OLED or keep the A90J ?..

I wasn't able to find a website that can do a good direct comparison between the A90J and A80L. The A90J is better than the A80K from the same year and the A90J is already a very good TV. The A90J and A80L are both 4k 120Hz HDR TVs so I don't know if you would gain much with slightly newer tech in the A80L. Maybe check out some videos from HDTVTest on Youtube. I believe that the A80L is considered mid-tier and the A95L is the flagship model, so you would likely need to look at the A95L for a noticeable improvement over the A90J. Just my first impressions. Others may have better knowledge of what the A80L might do better than the A90J.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Thanks I think the A90J is a keeper thou my son is pretty upset . Eppie you're right about the A95L but it is totally out of my reach for 3+k.

Last edited:
Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
I hear Sony makes a version of A95L for bigbox stores like Costco , that might be an avenue to checkout for $1700 plus you get 90 day return option.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
From Ratings.com

The A95L may be the best TV ever. Two reviews compared the A95L to the Sony BVM-HX310 $30,000 Professional Broadcast Monitor. “ The A95L often got uncannily close to this pro display.” “The A95L might be the next best thing to [the BVM-HX310].”
BUT, the 31" BVM-HX310 can reproduce a consistent 1000 nits across the whole screen indefinitely; the A95L can not.
This was clearly a demo put on by Sony for reviewers. Besides the BVM-HX310, the demo also had the A95K, Samsung 95C and LG G3. Except for noting that the Sony L was much brighter than the K, the reviewers ignored the Samsung and LG. I guess they assumed the comparison with the BVM-HX310 was enough.
In 10/11 Sound & Vision, in a brief test, the the A95L beat the Samsung 95C and LG G3 for HDR and SDR.
I recently installed an X95L in a friend’s house in a bright room (calibrated to rting’s settings), and the contrast looked fine to me and it was bright.
To the poster: wondering between the 85X95L and the 77A95L notwithstanding the accolades for the A95L, given my experience with the X95L in a bright room, and the 85", I’d go with the X85L.
I have an X95k. I would love to get an A95L. But because of the peculiarities of Sony’s dealer agreements, my (high end) dealer can get EVERY Sony TV EXCEPT the A95L, and that is not because of short supply. That’s just the way it is.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Thanks I think the A90J is a keeper thou my son is pretty upset . Eppie you're right about the A95L but it is totally out of my reach for 3+k.

I've been shopping the Sony 65 A80L OLED, I really don't like the Blooming and Halo affects you get with LED TVS. Like you I really don't want to pay 3k or more for a 4K TV. LG has the 65 C3 Stacks up pretty good against the Sony. Just doesn't have the processing that Sony has, the Sony is the better overall TV.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Its now $3,299. Going down by the month
A95L was last years flagship QD-OLED. New year models are starting to ship so likely discounting to clear out old stock - although I haven't heard much about a new A95 yet and there was something about Sony possibly dropping OLED models.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
A95L was last years flagship QD-OLED. New year models are starting to ship so likely discounting to clear out old stock - although I haven't heard much about a new A95 yet and there was something about Sony possibly dropping OLED models.
Read that about Sony, also I say they, just came out with a new mixture for the color "blue" which is responsible for most of the burn-in on O L E D S. Can't exactly remember who's responsible for coming up with the new formula some doctor of science. Anyway supposed to eliminate burn-in completely.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
there was something about Sony possibly dropping OLED models.
Sony does have plans in 2024 for mini-led TV's. But Digital Trends notes, Sony is not going to stop offering OLED TV's.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Read that about Sony, also I say they, just came out with a new mixture for the color "blue" which is responsible for most of the burn-in on O L E D S. Can't exactly remember who's responsible for coming up with the new formula some doctor of science. Anyway supposed to eliminate burn-in completely.
Wow no more burn in ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis