Is this a Rip off?!

T

The_Maxx

Audiophyte
I have a pair of old Sherwood Liquid cooled 3-way s-1900 Setereo speakers.

They have 3 twitters and two woofers (excuse my ortographic mistakes, I'm mexican and sometimes I forget how to write right hehe).

The bottomline of this is that sometime ago I replaced the older woofers with some newer ones (because they were all messed up) and when I stardted to take them off of the speaker set I noticed that the upper one was all connected with wires and all as a regular speaker BUT the bottom one didn't had any cable connected at all. So I was like WHAT THE HELL?! ALL THIS TIME I WAS JUST USING ONE WOOFER?!!

Then I took my speakers with a guy that reapirs them and he told me that the bottom woofer didn't need electrical connection, that it works by magnetic energy (or something like that).

Anyway I replaced them and everything was ok, leaving the bottom woofer without any connection becuase I believed what this guy told me.

But everytime that I check my woofers while playing music I never hear a damn thing from the bottom speaker, so maybe all this thing about the magnetic thing is a lie and I need to connect the woofer with wires to get it work.

so my question is DO THE BOTTOM WOOFERS WORK BY MAGNETIC FIELDS OR **** LIKE THAT, OR DO I NEED TO PLUG THEM WITH WIRES TO HEAR THEM?

Thanks for reading, and sorry for all the syntax errors because maybe I'm not too correct to express myself

:D :D :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The_Maxx said:
I have a pair of old Sherwood Liquid cooled 3-way s-1900 Setereo speakers.

They have 3 twitters and two woofers (excuse my ortographic mistakes, I'm mexican and sometimes I forget how to write right hehe).

The bottomline of this is that sometime ago I replaced the older woofers with some newer ones (because they were all messed up) and when I stardted to take them off of the speaker set I noticed that the upper one was all connected with wires and all as a regular speaker BUT the bottom one didn't had any cable connected at all. So I was like WHAT THE HELL?! ALL THIS TIME I WAS JUST USING ONE WOOFER?!!

Then I took my speakers with a guy that reapirs them and he told me that the bottom woofer didn't need electrical connection, that it works by magnetic energy (or something like that).

Anyway I replaced them and everything was ok, leaving the bottom woofer without any connection becuase I believed what this guy told me.

But everytime that I check my woofers while playing music I never hear a damn thing from the bottom speaker, so maybe all this thing about the magnetic thing is a lie and I need to connect the woofer with wires to get it work.

so my question is DO THE BOTTOM WOOFERS WORK BY MAGNETIC FIELDS OR **** LIKE THAT, OR DO I NEED TO PLUG THEM WITH WIRES TO HEAR THEM?

Thanks for reading, and sorry for all the syntax errors because maybe I'm not too correct to express myself :D :D :D

Yes, this is how it is designed.
The lower speaker is what is called a passive driver to support the upper driver of the same size.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis