Is there a way to place surround speakers in this room

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hi everyone,
I just moved into a new place and it looks like surround speaker placement is going to be difficult. One side of the room is no problem as I can run speaker wire along the baseboard. But this side of the room is going to be challlange as there is a entrnce way here. Does anybody know how I can put a surround speaker on this side of the room?
Thanks

Attachments

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Since you’re not averse to running wires visibly along the baseboard, the easiest thing to do would be to simply put a rug across the entry and run the wire underneath it. Beyond that, it’s impossible to give advice on these things without a site visit to determine all other options. If you have ample attic access, my in-wall wiring article gives lots of helpful hints – you can find it in my signature.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I agree. Yep my wireS are under my rug too.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks to you both. Please forgive the typos in my original post. Since this house is a rental, I didn't want to get into too much modification like running wires through walls. Just some background. Our set will be in the living room on the first floor. No attic in this house, maybe crawl space but that's about it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You're welcome I'm in a rental too, so I know what ya mean.

S

speedfreak

Enthusiast
I'm in rental as well I found another option is 3M command hooks. They are visible but they are off floor. I hate wires under carpet i find the rug slides around.

S

speedfreak

Enthusiast
worried about removal those are command strips so come off with no damage worry tape on back of those may pull off paint

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well they do have to re-paint when you leave anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis