Is the Sammy BD UP5000 available anywhere yet?

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
Hello all, Joe B. here from Warwick, NY (Orange County Chopper Territory). I have finished My HT/Music Room (FINALLY-2 Years later). One big and last pain in the butt though: Cannot pull the trigger on the HD format that I am going to go with. After seeing and hearing like 15 demos where both type players were utilized, Blu Ray is the winner of the Sharpest video for me, while the overall winner for crispness in sound goes to HD. Sorry everyone, it's just my long and drawn out demos have lead me to this opinion. Anyway, after my family had seen all the efforts and all the money I put into this project, without asking for any help what so ever (My sister did help alot though), they said they all wanted to chip in for the HD player of my choice. Well since I've seen enough titles that are either strictly HD and the others all BD, I have to go with the New Samsung BD UP5000. I've liked all of the reviews I've read, and some of the minor kinks have been promised to be worked out for the models that are going to be sold. So I ask again: Is this machine available anywhere? and if so. How Much? On a visit to BB like 3 weeks ago, one of the salesmen there actually slipped me the card that was to be posted right under the new Sammy when they got it in on BLACK FRIDAY ($799.99). Well, Black Friday came and went, and all I have is the BB price card and printed specs for the Sammy! Any help?
Thanks all!! Joe B.:D

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Iv'e been watching this player pretty closely, also, as it seems to have about all the bells and whistles I would want in one player. The link Highlander provided has a lot of speculation and heresay as well as info. The latest gossip has it that there will be a shipment in around the middle to end of Dec. with 799 being the price most are selling it for. It is supposed to be available now on preorder from Crutchfield and Amazon. Not sure if Onecall is taking any more orders or not.
I would keep checking with BB, CC and Tweeter as well, as the big box stores may get them before the internet dealers. I check about once a week to see if there is any more news;)

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!

This player is now shipping!:D Folks over on AVS are getting tracking numbers from Best Buy for Business! I ordered one myself tonight. I called CS and they verified several in stock at several warehouse locations. Calling one of the semi-local stores, the sales guy verified 145 in stock at a warehouse. He could not tell me which warehouse, nor could he order me one, but it showed in stock. He did not show any coming into the store or on order.
Looks like the wait is finally over! FYI, the price on BBB is $799. If you decide to get one there, type in and apply the discount code SURVSAVE for a 10% discount.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis