is Marantz 7007 enough for polk rti a9's biamped?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The LSIMs got great reviews but reviewers can be highly subjective in offering their view points. Regarding the hearsays about how the RTIA9 needs lots of power, looking at their specs I just can't see how having "a lot of power" can help if you are only going to pump a couple of amperes into them most of the time even when listening to >90 dB from say 3 meters. The speakers are rated 8 ohms so they may be dips of 3 to 4 ohms and may be some nasty phase angle at certain frequencies but base on my little experience at some Future shops, even mid range Yamaha AVRs have no trouble making them sound quite nice. I am quite certain most of those claims are due to Placebo effect, except for people who listen at damaging SPL in relatively large rooms. In any case, it is a great idea to have a XPA-2 on hand.

G

gajenn

Audioholic Intern
finally got the rti a9's center and surrounds to go with them. Unboxing wasn't fun,they are large and heavy speakers. I was amazing at the price point how good they looked in cherry. Right from the start they have way more detail than the b&w 600's. I'm hearing things on tracks that just wasn't audible before. The vocals are outstanding, almost live sounding. Very subtle sounds on tracks in matrix, avengers, green lantern make listening a pleasure. I have to do more playing around with placement to get an idea of soundstage on direct stereo mode, but I'm quite pleased from the start and hopefully they'll only get better with time..have to crank them more than the b&w's and may end up with a emotiva but for now its all good.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, see that's how it goes. They apparently are to your liking, and hearing them yourself is the only way to know that :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis