Is anyone familiar with ADS?

kidziti

kidziti

Audiophyte
I have a pair of ADS M9's that I bought new back in the early 90's - these are acoustic suspension 3-way speakers with fabric dome tweeter and midrange, and a butyl-surround 8" woofer, all in a solid walnut cabinet (they are shaped eerily like the late twin towers of the trade center in NYC). They were built in Germany jointly by ADS and Braun (yes, the coffee maker company). At the time there were also M12's - similar but taller with two woofers. I think I paid something like $700 for the M9 speakers at Sound City in New Jersey.

Technically, all I know for sure is that they are 4 ohm. They sound fantastic - not boomy but great definition in the mid-bass, and the highs and mids are about as sweet and clear as I've heard. The technical info I had on these was lost in a flood. They will become part of a 5.1 (or 7.1) system which I am building over the next couple of months - currently all I have is the Denon 3806 with old CD and DVD players. I welcome any suggestions on rest of the speaker setup, or any other info on these speakers (other owners out there?)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis