Iraq undertakers: Feeling the Pinch

OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
Not very flattering, Hillary. Kinda funny. Seriously, though, please don't think I'm a big fan of hers. She's just more of the same political BS with a (D) behind her name.

But as long as you're posting pictures, don't forget to post some of GWB; those are always good for a laugh...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Where did you get that picture? I need her, I crave her, damn it it's not fair! You think she'd ever go for a lowly caveman? I'm going to turn that picture into a poster, it will replace my old and torn Farrah Fawcett poster. Hillary is just soooo HOT, I hope she doesn't shave her legs. She reminds me of Sex Farm Woman by Spinal Tap. Oooops Cavewife just walked in gotta go!

G

garbage pale kid

Audioholic Intern
Aren't many of the things that are blamed on Bush, just 'Leftovers' from the Clinton administration?
For example: The 'First' 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Maybe if Clinton did more in his eight years, it wouldn't have been dropped in the next president's lap?(In 2001) This all could've been Al Gore's problem. Would you still be as critical?

Maybe, if in the eight years Bill Clinton was in office, he had fixed the levees around New Orleans that problem would've ended on his watch? Maybe the inept Louisiana Governor should've been more vocal 'before,' not after the fact, and made sure her state was safe.

I wonder what some of the Fanboys on this forum would've done, if all the previously mentioned, was dumped in their laps?

Being a Fanboy is never a good thing, for one loses all objectivity.:(
no because al gore is not a rere

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
You're the Big Cheese. You get national and international intelligence that tells you that the leader of a country has WMD's AND has used them in the past.
We had 20 years of intelligence that clearly stated he did NOT have nuclear weapons (what WMDs used to be called). We know this because we sold him his weapons facilities in the 1970s. (Oops!).

Was he a bad guy? Certainly... genocidal megalomaniacs tend to not be very pleasant, but Saddam had one thing going for him: His own best intrests at heart. This is why Saddam never tried to build a nuclear weapon capable of directly attacking the United States. He knew he'd lose that war. So he just stuck to killing people that the US didn't really care about and we left him alone for two decades, until he went after our oil. Then we (the US) kicked his *** good, he retreated back to Iraq and we let him exterminate all the oilless people he pleased for another 14 years.

If it wasn't for 9/11 he'd still be flooding Bagdad's sewers with blood and we would continue to let him.... and we'd have 4,000 more soldiers alive to deal with North Korea and China (just wait and see).

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
We had 20 years of intelligence that clearly stated he did NOT have nuclear weapons (what WMDs used to be called). We know this because we sold him his weapons facilities in the 1970s. (Oops!).

If it wasn't for 9/11 he'd still be flooding Bagdad's sewers with blood and we would continue to let him.... and we'd have 4,000 more soldiers alive to deal with North Korea and China (just wait and see).
As to what Saddam had, or didn't have. We didn't know. That's why the U.N. wanted to inspect.

The U.N.'s mandates to inspect what Saddam had we're ignored for many years, both while Clinton and Bush were in office. He bluffed, or hid what he had in Syria. He had eight to ten years to do it.
Below is a link to Saddam's #2 in command. His book states the WMD's were flown to Syria.
http://www.amazon.com/Saddams-Secrets-Georges-Hormuz-Sada/dp/1591454042
(WMD) is a weapon which can kill large numbers of human beings, animals and plants. The term covers several weapon types, including nuclear, biological, chemical. Not only nuclear.(as you stated)

Bill and Hillary were, and are, still in bed with China. (Oops!):)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Except for a select few, politicians when they go into power are USUALLY not wealthy people, but after they leave....follow the money, most end up wealthy, they become "ghost" power brokers that sell influence (legally:Lobbyist, who are registered) albeit with "consulting fee" written on the pay-off check or just plain cash (a favorite of the Chinese.) It's just the nature fo the beast. It plainly shows why a political philosophy can't be used to change the nature of man. I know a bit OT.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

(WMD) is a weapon which can kill large numbers of human beings, animals and plants. The term covers several weapon types, including nuclear, biological, chemical. Not only nuclear.(as you stated)
Yes Mr. Mirriam-Webster, WMD does indeed include non-atomic devices in its very literal and broad definition (a knife is a WMD if you kill 2 or more people with it). The commonlaw usage of the term 'WMD' is accepted as "atomic-energy missle/bomb" and was never even once uttered in the history of broadcast television or radio until Bush Jr. came along with his threats of Iraqi "nucular missles". Chemical and Biological weapons had until that time always been called 'chemical' or 'biological' weapons (even when people incorrectly used the wrong term).

I now return you to this very gay (which of course means happy) thread. ;)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Below is a link to Saddam's #2 in command. His book states the WMD's were flown to Syria.
http://www.amazon.com/Saddams-Secrets-Georges-Hormuz-Sada/dp/1591454042
Yes, saddam had chemical weapon stockpiles. I, nor any other rational human will deny that.

Did he have biologic weapons? Thats actually tricky to answer: Saddam had anthrax and cholera samples, but he had no means of attaching them to any delivery system short of a hypodermic needle or 20bl gas cylinder.

Aside from very specific and local uses (such as poisoning a single water supply or jabbing somebody with a needle), there has never been a successful long-range sustained attack of any modern* biological weapon. Anthrax and botulism were adapted to WW1 "gas cloud" type deploment bombs in theory only. No military has ever successfully used a long-range biological weapon. A functional weapon of this type has never even been successfuly tested. For all practical purposes a long range missle-based Anthrax/SARS/Ebola/Bubonic Plague/Cholera weapon is science fiction.

*Non-modern biological warfare that has been successful: poisoning wells since pre-history, the medieval practices of catapulting corpses into cities, or using smallpox to eliminate native Americans is well documented, and in many cases was unintentional (at least at first).

PPS: If you believe AIDS is a government developed biological weapon. In such a case a disease that takes 10+ years to kill enemy combatants is an incredibly worthless weapon.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I'd most likely have skipped the Iraq war. As far as I could tell, we had our foot on Saddam's throat (via Hans Blix and company). I would have continued to pursue Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda directly, as they were the ones responsible for Sept 11. Even if Saddam is a "bad guy" (no question there), he is a secondary or tertiary concern. I would also have portrayed myself as intelligent and conscientious, working with other world leaders. I would surround myself with people more intelligent than myself, and those people would represent varied aspects of thought (rather than only agreeing with my point of view).

For starters, and off the top of my head...
Extremely well stated. I agree 100% (especially with the skipping the war part.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis