iPhone/smartphone high performance docks

A

abhishekfly

Audiophyte
I am very new to the audiophile group !! And I was surfing the internet for the best speaker brands, and i came across B&W , goldmund etc.. Can anyone please suggest me any system that can be compared to Zepellin air, and the likes ?? B&O was another name that i came across... Thanks !!:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

I saw your question yesterday, but I don't have an answer. I just want to welcome you, and bump your thread in case anyone else has an answer. Btw, it's better to add a post to your original thread than to create a new identical one. :)

A

abhishekfly

Audiophyte
thanks a lot !! :D and sure will keep that in mind... lol I was just surfing through the Bowers and Wilkins website, and i thought it might be good to let B&W take over my house, but then I discovered the forum

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I heard that dock and thought it sounded terrible... But I was looking at the price at the same time so maybe I was thinking more about the sq you can get for $600 vs the small all in one system...

What are you looking to do? Just a decent system with audiophile quality sound or does it have to stream to your tv{ phones do that alone}?
if you just want something you can drop your phone or ipod on and play music..

I would grab one of these on sale PA 2-50 Stereo Amplifier | Sherbourn Technologies
one of these Amazon.com: Pure i-20 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories
and a pair of these CBM-170 SE High Performance Bookshelf Loudspeaker
thats around the same price and would sound much better...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I heard that dock and thought it sounded terrible... But I was looking at the price at the same time so maybe I was thinking more about the sq you can get for $600 vs the small all in one system...

What are you looking to do? Just a decent system with audiophile quality sound or does it have to stream to your tv{ phones do that alone}?
if you just want something you can drop your phone or ipod on and play music..

I would grab one of these on sale PA 2-50 Stereo Amplifier | Sherbourn Technologies
one of these Amazon.com: Pure i-20 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock: MP3 Players & Accessories
and a pair of these CBM-170 SE High Performance Bookshelf Loudspeaker
thats around the same price and would sound much better...
Yep, that would likely sound 100% better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis