Ion Audio Air LP Bluetooth Turntable Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Not long ago, ION Audio announced their latest turntable with Bluetooth technology, allowing you to play vinyl through your speakers without wires. Meet the Air LP Turntable.
airlp.jpg

The Air LP will be able to convert the output of the turntable into a digital signal and then transmits it via Bluetooth to your speakers. It will feature a USB output so you can convert the sound into a digital file and then store them on your computer. It supports up to 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV files. In addition, there are RCA outputs and a headphone jack. It can play and convert 33-⅓, 45 and 78 rpm albums. This unit features a built-in audio interface that can convert analogue records into digital files through a USB port that connects to Mac or PC, and it has 1/8-inch aux input enabling you to convert from CDs and cassette players.

The Air LP Turntable will include a pair of Bluetooth speakers, and will be on the market this month (March 2015) after being unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show held last year.

This was the statement made by Ion Audio:
"With vinyl album sales on the rise and the increasing popularity of Bluetooth speakers, we wanted to connect the best of both worlds and create a wireless way to enjoy your records. Air LP’s innovative design puts vinyl records on an entirely new wavelength; our customers are going to love this modern update to the traditional turntable. This turntable was a response to the rise in vinyl sales and the increasing popularity of Bluetooth speakers. We wanted to connect the best of both worlds and create a wireless way to enjoy your records. Air LP’s innovative design puts vinyl records on an entirely new wavelength. It will be available for $149 or $179.99 with a pair a Bluetooth speakers included." - Wendy Fortin, Ion Product Manager

What do you think, guys? Are you interested?

Click on the following thumbnails to zoom in.
SelectLP_WebLarge_0211.jpg ion-audio-air-lp0701151-665x400.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not interested. It looks like a vinyl eater looking at the tonearm assembly.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
DuoDeck_angle2_web_lg1-580x363.jpg

Just a few years ago I threw over $60 down the crapper on something like this.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Not interested. It looks like a vinyl eater looking at the tonearm assembly.
I agree that is a really daft product. The tone arm looks like the worst of the 60s retro.

I could understand making a top notch high end rig for archiving, but not that abortion.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sony has a new turntable too. It's the PS-HX500. It sells for $599.99 without cartridge. What makes it special is it will digitize PCM up to 24/192 and it also does DSD. I still use my 30 year old Sony PS-4750, which I have no interest in replacing; however, I might add this new Sony since it appears to digitize more conveniently than the way I need to do it now.
thKU03LIOJ.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis