S

Scott Andrew

Audioholic Intern
Ok so I just bought a Pioneer 1014 and I have a wireless network in my home for both my PC and my Laptop. What I want to do is be able to play my internet radio stations through my reciever... what is the cheapest and easiest way to do achive this?

Thanks

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
What do you currently use to tune internet radio stations? I assume you just WinAmp or some other program on one of your machines, because I don't know if the Pioneer can tune internet stations.

The easiest solution would be to just place the laptop near the receiver and connect the audio outs of the soundcard directly to the receiver.

I have a feeling that's not quite what you want though. In which case, you need a device that can connect to the network and tune internet stations and also has audio outputs, like the Audiotron. The Audiotron is discontinued and hard to find now, but there are other similar devices: Slim Devices Squeezebox, Prismiq Media Player, HP something, Roku, etc - best to google to find them all.

You could also use something like the Onkyo NC-500. Although the NC-500 is wired ethernet only. If you get the Onkyo or any similar device that only has wired ethernet, you can always use a wireless bridge.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis