Interconnect cable questions .

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
Finally to the point with this system build where I need to connect every thing in the rack
Do I need active HDMI cables for short runs in the rack ? is there a common or universal length for a 55 inch Sanus rack
I have blue jean 12 gauge wire and locking ends for speaker cables

I will be running balanced interconnect from the Marantz 8802a to the Emotiva XPA 5 gen 3 . and unballanced to the A700 , I do have a cable box and an OPPO 203 to connect , The TV is a about a 15 ft run
What cables are recommended, style and brand ?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just to go from pre to amp, short as possible with a little bit of "service loop" length (you won't actually be looping, just a little length to move things around for install/changes). 3-4 ft. should be good depending on how far apart they are on the rack, maybe a little more. Mine are two shelves apart so I have 4 or 5 ft interconnects.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Finally to the point with this system build where I need to connect every thing in the rack
Do I need active HDMI cables for short runs in the rack ? is there a common or universal length for a 55 inch Sanus rack
I have blue jean 12 gauge wire and locking ends for speaker cables

I will be running balanced interconnect from the Marantz 8802a to the Emotiva XPA 5 gen 3 . and unballanced to the A700 , I do have a cable box and an OPPO 203 to connect , The TV is a about a 15 ft run
What cables are recommended, style and brand ?

Thanks for your help
First, balanced cables are meant for extremely long runs with low impedance, balanced signal and second, if the source doesn't use low impedance, balanced circuitry, there's no really good reason to use them just between the preamp and power amp unless you have problems with common mode noise.

You don't need Redmere HDMI for short runs until you approach 50' and are sending 4K, HDR, full color gamut to the TV. Look for HDCP 2.2 to be current, but make sure you leave a way to replace cabling when it becomes necessary. DO NOT buy anything with batteries on the cable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis