integrated amplifier and new loud speakers set.

A

Arvante.

Audiophyte
Hi guys, Im just new in the audiophile people category and Im looking for help, I want to upgrade my current equipment and I was thinking if a parasound halo integrated amplifier (which is about to be release in stores), can handle a 2 set of loud speakers in the price range of $4,500 usd dollars, I havent decide what brand speakers to buy so any information regarding both issues will be apreciated.

(Hope Gene and Hector can help too, thanks)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Electrically, it sounds good, what with being rated @ 240 watts down to four ohms, but to give a better answer, it helps to know exactly what speakers you're considering.

Also, you'll probably want some sport of external speaker selector unless you intend for both pairs to always be running simultaneously.

A

Arvante.

Audiophyte
Sor far and after a lot of reviews read, (besides trying to understand all of the technicality), Im down to 3, the paradigm prestige series, bowers and wilkins CM10, and I read a lot of great reviews from Linkwitz Orion speakers, so, how am I doing??, you thing the parasound halo is a good choice for any of this particular speakers?, you see, I live in Mexico and dont have the option to go to a store and listen to them, so any info and expertise will be helping me a lot.

thanks Mark.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
either speaker should do well with tht amp, particularly if you plan on only driving one pair at a time.

A

Arvante.

Audiophyte
Thanks Mark, I think I have finally made my decision;

2 Paradigm studio 100 v5.
halo A21 parasound amplifier
Halo P5 parasound pre-amp.

* I've decided to go lower on the speakers (which are going to cost like $3,000.00 usd) and put that other money according to my budget on the parasound amp. and pre-amp, the reason is no matter what review forums I read, they say that separates are always better than integrated in sound quality, besides that the halo integrated amplifier is a new product and theres is no way to know how good its going to be.

I wll apreciate your comments about this.

Finally, but 4 or 6 months from now, I'm thinking upgrading my sub-woofer, I own an aperion bravus 10D which is very good for the price but my ears want more candy, Im looking on the M&K X10 sub-woofer which I find a little pricey and dont really know if its worth it, have you heard anything about this sub??

thanks man.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis