Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Batteries+Camera=Pics. Without further ado, here's the DTC 9.8.:D

From the top, the thing is almost square, 17" across the front, 16.5" front to back. It's about 2" too deep for my existing rack. But it sure looks and feels like a substantial unit.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Nice unit Dave. How many points does the Audessey system use for calibration?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It has 8 Audessey positions, but my room won't seat that many. I guess a licensed custom installer can also use the Audessey Pro as well. I won't go that far.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Very Nice:D:D

Too bad about the rack. Is it a major deal to replace or are you going to modify it?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
It has 8 Audessey positions, but my room won't seat that many. I guess a licensed custom installer can also use the Audessey Pro as well. I won't go that far.
Ohh wow I didn't know that the Integra also had Audessey Pro as well. There might a way that you can access the system as long as you have the right software if you want to do it yourself.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have another rack for the bedroom system I will use. But due to the nature of the rack and the room, I will have to lose my corner traps and put the rack in the corner. I'm hoping that I can get some decent FR from my PB12-Plus if I place it front and center and put the center speaker on the sub. It will be a big job but we'll see how it goes.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Why the heck is it in the bathroom?
It's the kitchen actually. I knew I should have removed the toothbrushes from the sink area.:D

We have a large water bowl for the cats in the bathroom sink, so we brush in the kitchen. The things we do for our pets....:eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am not buying that story, I see toilet paper too.

Man, I am your friend, if your system is in the bathroom it's cool with me.:eek:
It's the kitchen actually. I knew I should have removed the toothbrushes from the sink area.:D

We have a large water bowl for the cats in the bathroom sink, so we brush in the kitchen. The things we do for our pets....:eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Ohh wow I didn't know that the Integra also had Audessey Pro as well. There might a way that you can access the system as long as you have the right software if you want to do it yourself.
I read that here. http://www.hometheatermag.com/preampprocessors/508integra/index.html

I am not buying that story, I see toilet paper too.

Man, I am your friend, if your system is in the bathroom it's cool with me.:eek:
Paper towels. Man, I'm going to have to sanitize my house before I take another pic.:eek:

Take note that my toaster is behind it to the left but it's so big, you can't see the toaster.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
WTF

I can see pictures of the front, rear, and top on-line anywhere. You call yourself a true Audioholic. :rolleyes:

Where are the pictures of the inside? :eek:

:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I just googled that thing. Home Theater Mag had some great things to say.

Conclusion
The Integra DTC-9.8 is probably the greatest value in surround sound processors I’ve seen to date. The video processing is superb, and its ability to decode literally every sound format on the market today makes it a rarity and a safe bet for long-term compatibility. The Audyssey calibration is without a doubt the best EQ system I’ve seen or used on a processor and rounds out the package even more. Honestly, at twice the price, I would call this a steal. At under $2,000, I would just about call it a must-have.

Congratulations on this and thanks for the pic's. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
WTF

Where are the pictures of the inside? :eek:

:p
I've always wondered about guys that open them up. How does that affect warranty if they figure out it's been opened? I can see professional reviewers opening up their borrowed equipment, but I'm not so sure I'd want to do that to my own new equipment.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice Dave! I've always liked Integra's stuff.

How did you slip this one past the wife? Or maybe you didn't; that would explain you sleeping, and brushing your teeth in the kitchen.:D

What amp will you be using, and will you use the XLR connections?

Good Luck with it!
Rick

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats again, Dave...and thanks for the pics! I'll bet it sounds nice once you get it all set up.

The second thing that I noticed in the pictures was the toothbrushes, but that's been covered already. :)

Very nice of you! So, you only have one bathroom?

Why are you making toast in the bathroom? :D
I was afraid that the toaster was for when one of them gets depressed. Bathtub...toaster.... I'm so relieved that it's just for making a tasty snack.

How did you slip this one past the wife?
Can you believe this? She ordered it! We should all be that lucky. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
How did you slip this one past the wife? Or maybe you didn't; that would explain you sleeping, and brushing your teeth in the kitchen.:D
That's a good one. Made me smile. Damn toothbrushes.:D

I've got a Rotel RMB-1075. It's doesn't have XLR so you know what that means...UPGRADE.

Can you believe this? She ordered it! We should all be that lucky. :)
Lucky is an understatement, my friend. Yes, she chose the Integra over all the receivers I was looking at. She decided it was time to get a Corvette. She's also kind of a techie geek that takes care of our household computer and network stuff and hasn't missed an episode of Stargate: Atlantis, Heroes, The Simpson's, Family Guy or American Dad.:cool:

Anyway, I'm just taking a break right now. I've stripped both the bedroom and main systems to swap racks. That's an awful lot of connections. I have the new rack in the living room and tentatively placed the components where I think they should go. I'm going to take my time reconnecting everything and give a lot of thought to wire management. That's still a lot of wires to reconnect. HDMI never looked so good.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very nice indeed!

We know what you'll be doing all weekend long!:D

So are you going to use those pretty balanced connectors?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice indeed!

We know what you'll be doing all weekend long!:D

So are you going to use those pretty balanced connectors?
Well Hello, Mr. Analog. Welcome to my little HDMI love-fest.:D

When I look at the sheer number of connections I just pulled to switch racks, it makes me glad somebody thought of HDMI. The thought of putting all those connections back and trying to make it all neat and pretty makes me crazy. At least now, I'll have SACD over HDMI from the PS3. No balanced connection yet, though. My amp doesn't have them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis