K

kaspur3

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I am in need of some serious help. (Serious because my son can't watch his favorite DVD's, and it's killing mommy and I. :cool:)

We have an Integra DPC-7.5 DVD player and we've recently had some pretty big problems with the video, that appear to randomly pop up, and have become more prevalent:

1. The screen splits in half (vertically) and then the left half is on the right side, and the right side shows on the left. (This by far, shows up about 90% of the times that we have this problem.)

2. The video just freezes.

3. The video shows a mess of horizontal lines and fuzz.

4. The screen turns green with nothing but fuzz/static.

We have to turn the system off for about 2-3 minutes and restart before the issue is resolved.

System: Integra DPC-7.5 ( 2 years old) going into an Integra receiver (8.6? - 1 year old. I can't tell from the front.). The system was 'professionally' installed by a local family owned high end A/V company, so I can't exactly say how everything is hooked up, but from what I can tell, it's using S-video with 6 cables coming out of the back left of the unit (3 on top, 3 directly below on the bottom).

Has anyone ever heard of this problem before, and do you have any suggestions? I've tried contacting the A/V company, and they say that it must be a problem with the TV because they've never heard of this before. They have messed up every speaker site installation, so we'd rather not have to use them again. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Most of our DVD's are the cheaper Mighty Machine series for our son - and they seem to be the worst, but we've also seen this with other discs. IN FACT, once it happens, no matter which disc we change to, the problem remains the same for all other 5 discs in the carosel (which indicates to me that it is not the DVD, but the unit).

Any and all help/suggestions are HIGHLY desired. Thank you in advance,

Mark

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Mark!

That sounds like a frustrating and, at least to me, confusing problem. I haven't encountered that before. I'm going to look through some literature and see if I can find something for you.

EDIT: BTW, have you contacted Integra directly about this issue?

EDIT2: Which TV do you have? Also, do you know if the video is being routed through your receiver, or is it going straight from the DVD player to the TV?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One more thing - I would expect the Integra receiver to have the model number shown on the bottom right corner. I can't find a DTR-8.6, but if it's one year old, it might be the DTR-8.8 or maybe DTR-8.9. If you are routing video through the receiver, would you please take another look and see if you can find that model number?

Thanks.

K

kaspur3

Audiophyte
Adam,

WOW. Thank you for the quick response. I'm still waiting to hear back from Integra directly. The receiver is inteed a DTR-8.9. (I knew there was an 8 in there somewhere :))

I believe that everything is being routed through the receiver so that we can watch either of our two satellite boxes, DVD, or PS3 :), respectively in each zone (so I can listen/play/watch, while my wife watches her crap, I mean soaps and american idiot (idol)).

As I'm typing this from work (I can find out later), I can't tell you which TV we have, other than a Mitsubishi DLP which is also about two years ago. (52")

Is it possible that one of our Mighty Machine DVD's (which are probably pretty damn cheap), when it splits the video the way it does, then sets the system to do that for all DVD's, and that the only way to reset is to turn the system off, and then on again after about 2 minutes?

Currently the most frustrating thing is having to turn off the system to reset it while our 2 year old screams for "More Trucks Please" "More Trucks Please". :)

jinjuku

jinjuku

It sounds like a heat issue. Do you have a hair dryer and a can of compressed air?

I would power the DVD player down for 5 minutes. Leaving it powered off hit it with the hair dryer (from a about 8 inches away) for a minute or two. Put a DVD in and see if the problem crops up right away.

You could also hit it with a can of compressed air when it is naturally doing this in an attempt to cool the unit down.

Alternatively, if you can relocate to DVD player (I assume it is in a stack with other equipment) so it has free air on six sides and see if that relieves the problem.

I once had a customer who's cable modem for weeks at a time would intermittently fail between 11am-3pm. I figured out that it was only on the sunny days that this happened. The cable modem was in the window. The sun would hit it and heat it up. If it was a overcast or rainy day it was fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis