Installing paid pc games(disc)

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hey guys, why is it that we cannot activate a brought and paid for pc game disc without an internet connection.?I was trying to install crisis 2 the other day which is a ligit game,brought and paid for disc and cannot activate the game offline.Is this to stop hackers?If it is then it ain't working,seems more like catch 22 or big brother,as we are not allowed to do anything without these companies knowing about it.Or is it just plain greed.No wonder people are jail breaking their playstations.I am starting to think that it's not the people becoming hackers that is the problem,as it's more like these companies like Sony are too bloody greedy.Fancy not being able to activate something that is paid for unless we give money to some internet service provider.Why do we need Steam,origin and uplay to keep our games organised.Makes me wonder who the real hackers are.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Usually these games say that that an internet connection is required to play under the system requirements. There are a lot of reasons why developers would want the user to have an internet connection for a game, even a single player game. Some of them are even good reasons.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis