Inserting a stereo equalizer in the front channels? Denon? Yamaha?

U

Unregistered

A narrow technical question. (I don't yet own any of this hardware.)

The current Denons (2805, 3805) & Yamahas (750, 1400 ...) have all-channels pre-out's and ext-in's (also called multi-channel inputs)

Does any of them allow inserting a traditional stereo equalizer in the L and R front channels:

Left Front pre-out --> Equalizer (Left ch.) --> Left Front ext-in.
etc...

Looking at the manuals, one gets the impression that there are constraints when using the ext-in route.

Thanks for your replies.

J

Jack N

Audioholic
I use eq's in all my channels, although I'm using external amps. I wouldn't think using the receivers' amp would be any different. You'll just have to spend a little bit of extra time matching volume levels. An SPL meter is a must have. Also, do your homework on the 2 basic types of eq's: graphic vs parametric, and then compare the characteristics of each against what you think you need. Going the more expensive parametric route may not be necessary. But because you don't have any of the equipment yet, I would strongly advise not integrating an eq right off the bat. You may find that you don't need one at all.

U

Unregistered

Jack N said:
But because you don't have any of the equipment yet, I would strongly advise not integrating an eq right off the bat. You may find that you don't need one at all.
Thank you the advice.
I meant I don't have an AV receiver, yet. But I do have an excellent (historic) equalizer, which I am presently using in my stereo set-up. That's the:

DBX 14/10 Computerized Equalizer-Analyzer, with pink noise generation and calibrated mike for manual AND/OR automatic room/speaker correction.

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
Sorry to butt in, but I have a similar question, can you connect an analog graphic EQ to a Denon 1804?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis