Infinity Sub repair possible?

cym_city

cym_city

Junior Audioholic
I have an Infinity subwoofer (I believe the model is PS12) that quit working. For the past couple months it has been making a hissing type sound that can best be describe as air leaking or bubbling out. Anyways, now it doesn't work at all and just makes a clicking noise. When I turn it off and turn it back on it the light turns green for a few seconds and then makes a series of clicks and turns back to red.

Obviously this is my excuse to my wife in order to get a new subwoofer BUT I would like to attempt to repair this if possible for use in a different part of the house. Does this sound like something that can be reasonably done or does it sound like something that I shouldn't waste my time on?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have an Infinite subwoofer (I believe the model is PS12) that quit working. For the past couple months it has been making a hissing type sound that can best be describe as air leaking or bubbling out. Anyways, now it doesn't work at all and just makes a clicking noise. When I turn it off and turn it back on it the light turns green for a few seconds and then makes a series of clicks and turns back to red.

Obviously this is my excuse to my wife in order to get a new subwoofer BUT I would like to attempt to repair this if possible for use in a different part of the house. Does this sound like something that can be reasonably done or does it sound like something that I shouldn't waste my time on?

Thanks
You mean 'Infinity', right? Contact them for more info.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
If you mean Infinity then contact them for repair info/cost and then factor in transportation to the nearest repair center. Then contact Elemental Designs, Outlaw Audio, and Hsu Research and see what a new sub will cost you.

annunaki

annunaki

Infinity does not do repairs on drivers. They have always had a replace with an "in field destroy" policy. In other words, email Infinity/Harman and find your replacement.

Checking at the site it is not a readily available part so you will have to email them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis