Infinity Reference Series

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If it is going to use the same naming as the car speakers, Reference would be the standard line and Kappa would be the top line. Looks like the drivers are actually poly like the car drivers? Hard to tell from the pic if they are poly or all CMMD.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If it is going to use the same naming as the car speakers, Reference would be the standard line and Kappa would be the top line. Looks like the drivers are actually poly like the car drivers? Hard to tell from the pic if they are poly or all CMMD.
Good point about the car audio, but looking at pricing I would think these sit above the Primus line.

About the CMMD question, straight from the article:
The home speakers all use a CMMD metal/ceramic dome tweeter with a waveguide design borrowed from Revel's great Performa3 series speakers. The three-way models also have a 3.25-inch flat-piston CMMD midrange driver, plus woofers in various sizes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought it was saying only the flat one was, but I guess that means all of them. I listened to the old Kappa home speakers when they were out (about the Alpha/Beta time period?) and thought they were really quite good.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They look like they will be a replacement for the former Beta Line.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Look ugly to me without covers... as for price.
Too early to make any conclusions just yet

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis